Reaction score
When i set cruise control at say 60, the LED display shows 60, the speedo shows about 65/7 which is correct?

amm

Reaction score
ducks butt said:
When i set cruise control at say 60, the LED display shows 60, the speedo shows about 65/7 which is correct?
yes this is right i just meens that your speedo is out if you know some one with a sat nav thay will tell you that all speedo's never read the same as sat nav.
all sat nav sistem's are very acuret :!: :!:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, the cruise setting is pretty much spot on to the GPS speed reading on my sat nav. The sat nav reading is never more than 1mph + / - what is set on the LED display. The speedo is just inaccurate, and generally gets more so the faster you go.

Reaction score
I found the same on my Trophy... what ever i set the cruise to the speedo is about a milimeter past the speed dial. ie: 30mph shows about 32mph on the speedo and 60mph shows about 62 on the speedo ect...

I thought at first my eyes were squint but i saw the optition and he said they're fine. :shock:

Reaction score
Cool thats question one sorted.

Next

When i bleep the remote to lock the doors, sometimes i hear three beeps and other times nothing. Is there something i'm doing wrong?

hyb

Reaction score
When I went and had a play at the dealer compound...it didnt bleep at all. just clunked.

Reaction score
Cool, i've only noticed it when i'm on nights and i thought it might have been coz its quiet and i can hear it, but as long as the alarm comes on i'm happy.

Reaction score
Another question,

I'm looking at an aftermarket stereo, are there any out there which I’ll be able to use the steering column buttons? I've been looking at Alpine ones.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
You'll need a stalk adapter for whichever head unit you decide to buy.

The problem is, as far as I know at the moment there are no stalk adapters on the market compatible with the Trophy stalk and display.

See my reply in this post for more info: http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=237

Reaction score
Oh i c. so i'm going to have to wait. Do i need to get an adapter for car specific or stereo specific? or both?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The InCarTec adapters come in 2 parts, one specific to the car, the other to the make of stereo. So you buy the two bits you need.

Reaction score
I chose to have the 6-CD Renault fitted changer in my Trophy. I have heard that the Head units and speakers in the Trophy arent up to much???

Trophy gets: 4 x 22W Single CD RDS Radio with fingertip remote control

While the Full Fat 182 gets: 4x40W Cabasse RDS radio single CD with 6 speakers and remote control.

Would it be worth looking out for a 182 in a breakers yard for a Transplant or just look aftermarket for the whole system???

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
ducks butt said:
I get you. Sweet, so i just need to wait till they make one for the 2005 182 then.

Yeah, hopefully it's a when rather than an if :?

Reaction score
RE: the alarm question. The 3 beeps is indication of a fault. Basically as it means that the internal ultrasonic sensors have not been armed. If you unlock it and lock it again it should be fine. Next service or the next time the car goes into the garage mention it. I was told it was a faulty something-or-other somewhere in the car and it had now been fixed. Which, of course was not the case and a couple of days later the car did it again...

Reaction score
Few more questions,

What should the correct tyre pressure be front and back? i've just been and checked, i've got 35 at the front and 33 at the rear.
What is the blue flap in the glove box?
Has anyone else had their renault crash pack?

Thats about it for the moment.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Personal choice really, I tend to run 33 front 31 rear or maybe 34/32.

The blue flap is connected to the aircon, so if you open it you get an airconditioned glove box

Yep, my accident management pack arrived a couple of weeks after i picked up the car.