Reaction score
Trophy No.
A bit of a frivolous question/survey as I fancy a change during the T's spring clean. If money was no/not much of an object what would be your preferred exhaust.
For me it would have to sound great, not too loud and be well made. And anyone who suggests A Yozza will be beaten around the head with my old backbox.

Reaction score
Hi Jules - your current exhaust for me was painful (loud and unpleasant note) to the ears but you seem to like it. I've been in 2 Trophys with the old-style Yozza, and was impressed with how sensible and pleasant they sounded. I also like Prospeed, but a trip to Cardiff is far!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My Trophy has a Yozza and my brothers has a Scorpion RS192. Mine does seem quite a bit louder but the acoustic valve has been taken out previously so that may be the reason why

Yozza 'sticks out' more than the 192 - see below, mine is on the left. The 192 barely comes past the rear bumber

IMG_1029.jpg

Reaction score
My Trophy has a Yozza and my brothers has a Scorpion RS192. Mine does seem quite a bit louder but the acoustic valve has been taken out previously so that may be the reason why

Yozza 'sticks out' more than the 192 - see below, mine is on the left. The 192 barely comes past the rear bumber

IMG_1029.jpg

Red cars / Red posts !

Reaction score
Mine has the newer btm yozza exhaust and i find it sounds great with out being to loud and booming at motorway speeds

Reaction score
Mine has the Milltek exhaust fitted by a previous owner, sounds good & not too loud for the motorway.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yozza yozza yozza, seems like my backbox is going to be pretty battered by the end of this thread :)
All the usual names popping up, anything different out there?

Reaction score
I've never seen or heard a BTB, but I'd like to.

For me it all depends on the application. I have a ProSpeed, which is superb in terms of quality & fit, and I seem to recall it was very civilised too. But things have changed...

When I had the RS2 manifold I was advised that a decat would optimise performance. Now it's far from raucous, it's certainly not anti-social but it is loud-ish. For a weekend blast I absolutely love it!

Could I put up with it on a daily or on regular motorway schleps? Not a chance!!

Reaction score
I got a ktec super sport 2, with no centre, fitted by last owner, you can hear it from about 1/4 a mile away, and it makes the boot floor resonate on tick over

Reaction score
Charlie @ Pro Speed comes thoroughly recommended by me!

I had an exhaust made by Charlie in August last year following recommendations from various people and I was not disappointed.

He will make the exhaust to your spec, so you can choose exactly how you want it to sound and look. I went for the 3.5" slash cut tips with what Charlie calls a 'mid-sport' tone. The slash cut tips fill the recesses and align with the rear bumper perfectly. It almost looks OEM.

As for the sound, if you're pottering around town, it's no louder than the standard exhaust, but when you put your foot down it has a nice sporty note without being too intrusive.

If you go with Pro Speed, you won't be disappointed.

Reaction score
I got a ktec super sport 2, with no centre, fitted by last owner, you can hear it from about 1/4 a mile away, and it makes the boot floor resonate on tick over

Cool!

I've got an RS192 with a decat, without the cat it is quite loud, maybe more than you would want. With the cat the sound is good and the volume is about right for most, not even too boomy on the motorway.

Removal of the acoustic valve did nothing for the exhaust noise but did improve the induction noise slightly.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ok guys, I think you've missed the brief a little. It's not what you 'have' but what you would 'like' if you had the money.

And go.............

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ah well. Personally I would rather strap a pneumatic drill to the back than have one of those fitted. ;)

What's the issue with them? Mines not that loud to be honest, it looks nice too. Obviously a previous owner fitted it but seems a decent choice

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was looking at the Milltek exhaust earlier and I have to say it really suits the 182. They have a picture of a black 182 on their site and it sits really nicely

You can get loud and not-so-loud versions too, if I needed to replace my exhaust I'd certainly have a look at it as they have been around for ages and have a great reputation