Reaction score
While I was writing a piece about the Clio Sport phase 3 I stumbled across your board so I thought I'd better introduce myself. My name is Tijmen (32 of age) and I live in Amersfoort, Holland. I'm very active within the Club Renault Sportives in Holland where all owners of a fast small Renault can become a member. The club was started in 1981 with the Renault 5 Alpine (Gordini in your case) and our newest club car will be the Mégane RS 250 of course.

In September this year I organised a small meeting with all colors of the 182 delivered in Holland. From the yellow and orange there is only one (!) in Holland and as far as we know there are only two with the Bleu Dynamo color. The blue Dynamo on the picture is mine. As you can see there's no Trophy as you know it in the picture simply because it wasn't sold in Holland. With only 53 Clio's 182 sold over here it's quite a rare car.

Because I practically know everything about the dutch club life, the members and their cars I thought it might be interesting to introduce myself over here and see what goes on. I also have a 1988 5 GT Turbo which is currently in the shed to survive the winter.

Reaction score
Hey Tijmen
wow i cant belive they sold so few 182s in holland...maybe you should be the first to bring a trophy over there.
a few people on the site also have GTTs so i'm sure you'll fit right in.

Reaction score
Wow only 53! one of them is liquid yellow as well, i wonder if he had to pay the £1200~equivalent extra?

Reaction score
Sam_K said:
Wow only 53! one of them is liquid yellow as well, i wonder if he had to pay the £1200~equivalent extra?

The yellow, orange and blue dynamo Clio on the picture where actually ordered and used by the Dutch Renault importer so they have paid extra for the color.

53 is not a lot but I guess that's a good sign when you own one :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
don't you have any corners in holland?

welcome and thanks for introducing yourself, i'm glad there's fans out there of the qualitities of the RS clio's in countries that weren't main markets for Renault.

Have a look around the site - there's tons of info on here.

Reaction score
We don't have as many corners as you have in the UK and most people are afraid of getting a speeding ticket (when there not in a traffic jam). So most people don't see the point in a fast Clio #-o

See below me in my GT doing what it's supposed to be doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TghaXpgqIoA

I see you got a lot more types of Clio Sport over there, is there a page on the forum where I can exactly see the speqs of all the different types?

Reaction score
Thank you Sam, that's just what I needed!

In Holland we didn't get the 172 and 182 Cup. We could only order the Cup chassis for the 182.

I also see you could order a red that wasn't available over here, but then again I don't think you could order the orange metallic?

What changes have been made to the suspension of the Trophy?

Reaction score
The only red that was available was flame red on the 172, and of course capsicum red on the trophy, and yes the orange was an option here as well.

The trophy suspension has a remote oil reservoir which allows for a thicker damper rod,making it stronger and improving the ability to absorb bumbs, which in turn makes cornering better (i think .... :wink: ) it also is adjustable