Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
agreed!

I think there is a lack of sensible debate at times on there... Most especially when it comes to the Trophy.. You can always guarantee that the slightest mention of the Trophy will cause a string of insults about prices, individuality (or lack of as they see it) yadda yadda...

There are some decent people on there, I will concede that.. But there are also plenty of muppets!

I tend to use it for the spotted threads and that's about the extent of it...

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
agreed!

I think there is a lack of sensible debate at times on there... Most especially when it comes to the Trophy.. You can always guarantee that the slightest mention of the Trophy will cause a string of insults about prices, individuality (or lack of as they see it) yadda yadda...

There are some decent people on there, I will concede that.. But there are also plenty of muppets!

I tend to use it for the spotted threads and that's about the extent of it...

Ding!

Reaction score
I enjoy the wives and gf's thread, quite funny, but thats as good as it gets

For sale section can be handy too

Agreed about them being Trophy haters! So many times you get "Oh my god, I couldnt own one because its red" - The drive and handling of a car are obviously far inferior to the colour :?

Reaction score
i only go on there if i need to know something....thats all its good for. Im not a member and very very rarely post.

The only threads that seem to pop up are 'what would win, my 172 or my mates saxo?' and 'is a trophy that good?' :roll:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes it is full of muppets, yes it is hilarious the comments the Trophy attracts but i still log on every day because there are people on there who are just as informed as over here and it's a very useful tool if you need particular bits of imformation, you just need to wade through the crud.

Reaction score
Karlos said:
I think the red's stunning.

There seems to be a Max Power type theme on Cliosport?!

I dont know, I think the whole max power thing is frowned upon by everyone these days

My main grumble is that Trophy owners get tagged with this "up your own arse" image - don't know where it came from, at the end of the day its a Renault Clio when alls said and done, whats to get up my own arse about?

The Technical advice bit can be a good help, especially the lads from yozzasport and angel works are very helpful, but as said, unfortunately they are largely outnumbered by morons who's interests are big brother and fake tan :roll:

Reaction score
Tend to log in by accident and do a quick search to see if anyone is having a go or using my pictures!

I remember someone posting a picture of one of my Trophys with the subtext "4x4 Trophy" ! It was only the angle of the picture.. LOL

90% have no understanding of what the improved suspension has made the 182 Trophy into and why they command such high prices, but then they are better being sold to enthusiasts who understand them than someone who just wants to fit Lexus lights and paint the calipers red.

No more comments on CS from me.

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
Tye r v Clio!!

That's all they ever talk about over there!

lol your not wrong there... so I must be hated with a passion what with having a Type R and a Trophy on my drive lol

I dont hate Cliosport.net just as someone else here said some of the members are the type of people you would avoid...

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
The general chat threads make me think most of the regulars are the sort of people who I try and avoid on nights out.

LOL! Are they the ones I see "cruising" along Bexleyheath High Street in their Neon Lit "Renaultsport" 1.2 Rt's with 20" spinners!?!? LOL!

Reaction score
Isn't it pretty much a demographics thing? Its a Zoo Weekly (not that there's anything wrong with that publication :wink: ), lager drinking, lads hang out. If thats not your thing, then don't go on there. I wouldn't go down to my local wetherspoons/lloyds bar on a Fri/Sat and some forums are the same way.
Conversely, what a bunch of up themselves, defenders of all that is holy for the driver focused (has to be front engined/ rear drive mind you) car on Pistonheads :roll: :lol:

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
Conversely, what a bunch of up themselves, defenders of all that is holy for the driver focused (has to be front engined/ rear drive mind you) car on Pistonheads :roll: :lol:

It's the same with many forums though - I've never been too worried on PH, as the majority of people are into most things automotive - I don't know of any other forum which likes such a wide range of cars. Of course it's biased towards TVR and the like - it began as a TVR forum!

Incidently, on all the PH runs/meets I've been on the worst driving I've encountered was by a Renaultsport drive...

Back on topic though - Cliosport is a great site (if you are 12...)

Reaction score
PS. CT is a great site! I still can't believe that Nik's managed to create a grown-up forum about a hot hatch! :D

Reaction score
how long before this thread is spotted by someone on CS and posted on there, leading to more slagging off of the trophy??? :lol:

Reaction score
Aye wont be long like!!

Back to pistonheads I found that a bit up their own arse to be honest!

The biker lot are friendly though.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Like i said earlier i don't mind C.S. as i don't expect much, but R.S. that's different, can we start giving them a good kicking now :twisted:

Reaction score
DaveTrophy said:
The Technical advice bit can be a good help, especially the lads from yozzasport and angel works are very helpful, but as said, unfortunately they are largely outnumbered by morons who's interests are big brother and fake tan :roll:

What Dave said :wink:

Although it's good to have a nose on the Part For Sale forum from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.