Reaction score
Might be a bit of a silly question on a clio trophy owners website methinks :wink:

Reaction score
Hi,

I thought I would get that answer but the 200 is a new car. Porsche and Lamborghini bring out new cars would you keep your Trophy over one of them...

jsthomson

Reaction score
Yea it would be nice to have as it is a brand new car but im still sure that a lot of the people on here would prefer to have a trophy, as in most cases they wouldnt have one otherwise! and obviously whether you can afford it or not :)

I just think trophys have a different appeal to them, as im always thinking ive got one of only 500 which just makes it a bit more special.

And yes i would have a lamborghini over the Trophy but thats not going to happen until i win the lottery or either marry a rich 80 y/o woman who leaves her entire billion £ fortune to me .... :D

Reaction score
There's no doubt the 200 is a great car, I've been considering changing the trophy for one (or possibly a meg 250). The one I test drove only had 10 miles on when I got in so was far from run in but still felt quite a keen engine, the turn in was very sharp, it felt stable and grippy in the corners and the interior quality felt nicer than the trophy even in cup spec. It was just lacking the fun and thrashy feel I think the trophy has got. I was looking at a PCP deal so over the next 2 years the 200 would probably have been slightly cheaper as the servicing bills would be much lower thn for the trophy, but then I'd have had to give the 200 back or px where as the trophy I get to keep after 2 years. Ignoring the costs, I went with my heart and decided I'd enjoy a trophy with refurbed/new dampers all around over a new 200.

Reaction score
I called into a Renault garage the other day to have a look at the new 200 and to have a possible test drive, which didn't happen due to a flat tyre! After speaking to the salesman about the new 200 he saw the Trophy and said 'I know what I'd do, keep the Trophy' I guess that was his personal preference but he said from his experience most people prefer the 182, not so much for the looks, as the 200 does look great in the flesh, but from the fact that the 182 is very nimble, a lot lighter and offers the traditional French Hot Hatch feel, where as the new 200 is so much heavier. I do have to say though the 200 was so comfy, and the build quality is leagues ahead of the Trophy. I will be looking forward in reading new clio 200 owners reviews once they've put a few miles on them, and I can honestly say that I have been looking at a few cars for a while and I think the only car i'd change the Trophy for would be the new 200.

Reaction score
on the way back from cardiff last week a alien green one came past and looked at my trophy like he wanted to eat my ass lol!

i think with the trophy its the best clio money can by in that shape, i just get the feeling renault will be bringing out a even more higher spec clio before long which if i owned the current one i would be pissed cause it means the current ones will be diluted in comparison lol!

but yes i prefer the trophy in looks

Reaction score
Trophy for me: better on the track than the pie eating heavy 200! Also, comparing a Trophy to a new Lambo/Porsche is a folly- not the same decision process! If you are (or in my case, were) in this fortunate position you would probably have the Lambo or Porker and keep the Trophy too, as it's so special, I wouldn't have done this with a 200!

That said, no denying the 200 is a great car.

Reaction score
Allsmiles your right! I don't doubt that they'll be an even higher spec 200 on the way. Something along the same lines as the Trophy I think! ;o) ;o) It's a pity that Renault have recently given the Trophy name to any old tat, instead of saving the name for the top spec model! We'll see if they put it right with the 200!

Reaction score
trophy380 said:
Allsmiles your right! I don't doubt that they'll be an even higher spec 200 on the way. Something along the same lines as the Trophy I think! ;o) ;o) It's a pity that Renault have recently given the Trophy name to any old tat, instead of saving the name for the top spec model! We'll see if they put it right with the 200!

if renault start throwing the trophy badge at anything it wouldnt matter cause our clios are and will be rememberred as the proper original trophy, look at the clio williams for example, williams 2 and 3 are not as desirable as the 1 despite being better equipped

Reaction score
Trophy is much better value for money. Can pick up a Trophy for 6-7k easy these days. A 200 with the right spec is about 13k. I think overall the 200 may well be better and whatnot but not double the price better. Also, the 200's fuel consumption puts me off massivley. 20mpg from a little hatch... I'd rather something else instead.

Reaction score
Well I had my T for 4 years and it was great on the road and from Castle Combe to the Nurburgring...
I sold it to Keo so a v good home.

I picked up the 200 last week... Proper Cup, white, speedlines (light), Recaros (light) you can see I want it light.. weight that is...
Downsides it feels bigger and the steering, better than 197 but its still electric and no match for the T and this means a lot on road and track.

However; It feels great, springs are harder and damping bit softer, corners sooo flat, rides bit better..
It sounds good, engine much sweeter than T.
The g/box is nicer, the brakes are diff world, the build is better, Aero will be better..
On track, reckon it will be faster on quick tracks, slower on tight ones.

So the T was good, long live the Cup..!
Its going to Ring/Spa/Zanvoort in Aug so tell you more then... :-/ ...

If its not run in before the trip it will be when it gets back!!

Reaction score
Enjoy the cup pete. Always good to have balanced, constructive feedback from ex owners.

Jay

Reaction score
The Trophy is an awesome car and deffinately something you should own at some point in your life. Having had one for 2.5 years (sold it Tuesday), it was the best car I've ever owned over 19 years, however my 200 is a different beast all together so almost hard to compare now.

Depends what you want out of a car end of the day... all I can say is they're both brilliant