Reaction score
Damn, you beat me to posting about this! :lol:

Glad I've got my Trophy if this is the style of all limited edition Renaultsport's in the future, I just hate the garish F1 graphics they are using at the moment. Will be interesting to see what difference the Cup chassis makes to the 197's handling though...

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Lol, was just going to post this too.

Anyone thinking of trading in their Trophy for one? :?:

Reaction score
I reckon that the graphics will be optional (fortunately) like the Megane F1. I'm interested in the 'Watch this space for more technical details!' line - could be some interesting technical developments or could be a let down, hopefully we'll find out soon...

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i heard about this last week - I was told that the wheels were going to be white not grey..... Doesn't give any suggestions to an increase in power or torque which is what the 197 ultimately lacks. The chassis improvements will be good, but the chassis is the 197's strongest point anyway......

Sounds like it still won't be a new mini beater, that new VRX corsa will be knocking on the door also.....

More power needed or better still - shedding quite a bit of weight!!!

Just added my comments on there.....

Reaction score
"Of course – the most recognisable exterior feature is the Renault F1 Team decals that adorn the front and rear of the car"

I prefer my "www.cliotrophy.com" sticker thanks.

Reaction score
Not got an air vent on the roof and a mad spoiler like the new cup racer, no chance of me getting one then!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
ducks butt said:
I prefer my "www.cliotrophy.com" sticker thanks.

ahem, get it right :roll:

It's co.uk not com :wink: :lol:

Reaction score
New colours/alloys, Recaros as standard and different shocks... at least current 197 owners don't need to be pissed Reno went and 'improved' it on them :)

Reaction score
Quote "Aside from the many changes in aesthetic design, added to the standard specification is the Cup chassis, offering a lower ride height due to stiffer springs and dampers. Red brake callipers complete the image of Renaultsport’s latest hot hatch."

Surely a car is lowered by fitting shorter springs than by stiffening them? So shorter, stiffer springs would be correct...?

Also, where's the roof spoiler off the Cup Challenge cars, there's a few being prepped in a unit nearby and they look great with the front roof vent too
:twisted:

Like the idea of Cup Chassis though, that's evolution, nobody wants a 'New Trophy' until the end of the line otherwise what will happen to 182 Trophy prices in the near future.... not that I've got one right now !!! Hint Hint

Day

Reaction score
Top RS blokey from Renault said they would never fit a spoiler on it.

Wasn't the innovative image they want to portrait.

Think we're stuck with the diffuser...

For now anyhow

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
artdealer said:
I would :twisted: Look out for the new 'John Cooper Works' haha.

Exactly, the mini I think would be on a par at least with this offering. I can't stress this enough - unless it's significantly lighter then that engine will never make it feel like it should, the chassis and handling was already good, now if that's great then it still leaves the weight issue!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hoolio said:
Much sexier.

this is what I thought the 197 F1 was going to look like. Coupled with a couple of hundred kilo weight saving it would have put the clio back into legend territory.