Reaction score
My trophy needs new pads and discs all round, I'm thinking of upgrading to some that feel more solid and that don't squirm under heavy braking as with the standard ones.......

I don't really know much about these things, anyone got any recommendations? Also, how does upgrading affect the insurance?

Cheers!

Reaction score
p.s. recommendations based on experience preferable! lol

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'm still not sure on the pads - there's benifits and negative to most out there, disks though Brembo Max (better than the High carbon one's) all the way.

Reaction score
My DS2500's are calming down a bit but were squealing like mad for the first few weeks. Brembo HC discs are supposed to be just as good as OE ones and Max, it's not worth paying the extra for Max as those grooves will be gone within a few laps of the track APPARENTLY. I've got braided lines but they are pointless TBH, the OE ones are internally braided anyway and less likely to wear when in contact with anything else.

Stopping power is awesome with the Ferodos, I stopped so hard the other day on a downhill that the ABS triggered above 30 and the brand new PE2's were skidding on the dry tarmac. In other words the brakes now far outperform the tyres!

Just upgrade the pads to something decent, Pagid RS4's if you can afford it and don't mind some aggressive brake dust on the front, OE on the rear (really doesn't matter - in fact are you sure you need new rear pads, they last forever?), HC discs purely because they're cheaper and probably better than OE ones and change the fluid all round.

Reaction score
i run brembo max brake disks and pagid rs4-2 pads, with moquip (goodridge were out of stock) braided brake lines...superb. Awesome stopping power, and totally fade free round track. They do squeal a bit round town but its nothing music won't drown out and you get over it when you realise how well they perform. I think they only squeal because I didn't copper grease the pagids as I like the look of the blue :oops: :lol:

newpics253070271.jpg

amm

Reaction score
i have just put a set of performance friction 97 pads i have got brembo high carbs and monoequip lines i did have a set of ferodo ds2500 pads with the same setup i did not think much to them on the road but they wasn't bad on track .

i must say that the performance friction's seem much better on the road know but when i first put them in i did not think they was very good but i gave them some stick and now they are the dogs .
i will see what they are like on track in June cant what

Reaction score
I've recently fitted Brembo HC's, Ferodo DS2500's, Moquip braided lines and Dot 5.1 fluid and have to say that the difference is staggering.
All the parts were acquired from Yozzasport for £200.
The brakes are now so strong that i can get the tyres chirping under breaking at unbelievable speeds.
The harder you use them the keener they seem to get, there is some very light squeal at low speeds under light breaking, and pads were fitted with plenty of anti - squeal paste, but apart from that excellent.
The brakes were the weak link in my car when i got it , but these new brakes have transformed the drive and therefore my confidence in the car.

Reaction score
I have exactly the same set-up bryntech and got mine from Yoz too. They are indeed excellent. Not just awesome stopping power but really progressive and consistent pedal feel and easy to modulate.

Reaction score
Brembo HC disks are well worth the £60 paid for them . This time i went for the green stuff pads and can say that they are excellent with no fade on a recent outing :wink: and believe me i was trying .

Got p****d off with DS 2500 squeaking all the time and dont thing they offer any better performance for the price .

Reaction score
Hmm, I've been thinking about upgrading my brakes for the last few weeks since a mate with a 182 told me about the difference he'd made changing his... and this £200-from-yozzasport setup sounds very tempting :D

When I've got the knocking noise sorted I'll have to look into it 8)

Reaction score
bryntech said:
I've recently fitted Brembo HC's, Ferodo DS2500's, Moquip braided lines and Dot 5.1 fluid and have to say that the difference is staggering.
All the parts were acquired from Yozzasport for £200.
The brakes are now so strong that i can get the tyres chirping under breaking at unbelievable speeds.
The harder you use them the keener they seem to get, there is some very light squeal at low speeds under light breaking, and pads were fitted with plenty of anti - squeal paste, but apart from that excellent.
The brakes were the weak link in my car when i got it , but these new brakes have transformed the drive and therefore my confidence in the car.

I need to sort my brakes out as they're OE with half-worn pads on the front and on a hard stop from 80 they're fine from 80-40 but fade scarily for the final 40-0. :shock:

The above setup sounds good to me, especially for the money, although I might pass on the braided lines (are they easy to fit?). How well do DS2500s withstand track work though?

I'm not sure what state the discs are in - does anyone know what the max and min thicknesses should be? Tbh they've done 24k miles and as the Brembo HC's aren't expensive it's probably best to change them anyway so it's a complete overhaul.

Some fresh high-spec fluid will make a big difference too, I think the fluid in mine must be part of the problem of such bad fade.

Reaction score
__CA__ said:
I need to sort my brakes out as they're OE with half-worn pads on the front and on a hard stop from 80 they're fine from 80-40 but fade scarily for the final 40-0. :shock:

I too get exactly this, is pretty scary when coming up to a roundabout from motorway speeds.. Have had a couple of moments when I seriously wondered how on earth I was going to stop!!!!

What are the the above mentioned pads (that bryntech and Steve have) like for brake dust? I know that Oliie said his pf's cake alloys in dust very quickly...[/quote]

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
__CA__ said:

I too get exactly this, is pretty scary when coming up to a roundabout from motorway speeds.. Have had a couple of moments when I seriously wondered how on earth I was going to stop!!!!

What are the the above mentioned pads (that bryntech and Steve have) like for brake dust? I know that Oliie said his pf's cake alloys in dust very quickly...
[/quote]

This is true but nothing comes even remotely close to stopping the car like PF97... it really is like grinding metal on metal... it will put you through the windscreen! But then the Clio Cup cars have harnesses and don't care about dust! :)

O.