Reaction score
£5 through paypal for them any intrest to you ? lol

yeah would look good with them on but happy enough the way they will turn out.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
£5 through paypal for them any intrest to you ? lol

yeah would look good with them on but happy enough the way they will turn out.

Lol, worth a try!

Whilst my fronts are both sticker free I did manage to get myself a pair of rear Sachs shocks on the cheap (less than £100 for both if my memory serves me correctly) and took the stickers off the old set which I sold on ;-)

Reaction score
They look fantastic. I do wish I had got mine powdercoated the first time round, but its a lot of hassle sending them back and forth.

I'm just going to spray mine with Hammerite smooth silver and then maybe put a coat a laquer over the top.

Reaction score
yeah sending them up and down twice and powdercoating them is going to add roughly £160 on top of the £340 plus vat for the refurb.ouch !

Reaction score
Trophy No.
They look fantastic. I do wish I had got mine powdercoated the first time round, but its a lot of hassle sending them back and forth.

I'm just going to spray mine with Hammerite smooth silver and then maybe put a coat a laquer over the top.

Was going to laquer mine after using the Hammerite but apparantely they both react.

Reaction score
Was going to laquer mine after using the Hammerite but apparantely they both react.

Ah right, I was going to look into it. I did noticed the hammerite direct to rust is a primer, colour and clear coat in one. So ill Just do a few layers of that. Just been out de-rusting them and covering them in two coats of Bilt Hamber Hydrate 80, which is brilliant stuff!

Reaction score
bg motorsport have had the dampers back down since last wednesday.phoned mon morning,was told they were away to go into the workshop and id get a phone later for the bill then theyd send them back up.never heard nothing

Phoned again today and was told they were in the workshop getting done and id get a phone etc etc.never heard nothing.

Even if i get them back for this weekend "which its not looking like now" that will be 5 weeks the car has been up on axle stands !

Reaction score
Trophy No.
bg motorsport have had the dampers back down since last wednesday.phoned mon morning,was told they were away to go into the workshop and id get a phone later for the bill then theyd send them back up.never heard nothing

Phoned again today and was told they were in the workshop getting done and id get a phone etc etc.never heard nothing.

Even if i get them back for this weekend "which its not looking like now" that will be 5 weeks the car has been up on axle stands !

Mine been off the road for 6 weeks as waiting for a wheel refurb!

Must admit mine took a few extra days but worth the wait if they are fixed well.

Reaction score
Trophy No.

That's not great customer service but it is the beginning of the season so I suppose they are mega busy.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Please can someone do some adding up with prices for me.

How much do BG do a full rebuild for including new pistons ?

The reason i ask is im thinking that if you can get a new sachs suspension strut for around £500 each am i better off just buying 2 new ones from renault ?

Reaction score
i think im looking at £340 + vat for the rebuild "without new pistons" and another £160 ish for postage up and down a few times with the powdercoating so £600 odd in total.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine would have been £350-£400 without a discount including return postage and that is for 1 complete refurb.

As mine have been de-pinned with new adjusters it made sense to get mine refurbed rather than replaced with new ones.

Reaction score
So how much extra do they usually charge for un-pinning each damper? and do you have to have new adjusters when this is done?

This would be on top of the normal refurb costs @? each side.

Thanks so we all know.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes they would charge extra for new adjustable dials. Mine were an extra £60 per side last time from memory (May 2010).

The standard shocks can be de-pinned but not sure if Ben @ BG would do this?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Im wanting to keep mine at the renault settings and pinned at 22 (if thats what they are)

Im just trying to weight up the costs if its going to be almost as cheap to buy a new set or get a set done at BG and then maybe have problems 6+months down the line without any warrenty

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im wanting to keep mine at the renault settings and pinned at 22 (if thats what they are)

Im just trying to weight up the costs if its going to be almost as cheap to buy a new set or get a set done at BG and then maybe have problems 6+months down the line without any warrenty

Agree although Ben is being fair in resolving any 'issues'. If you look back over the threads people had problems with their dampers during the first few years of the Trophy being made.

Not sure what I'd be more comfortable with really as Renault also failed to replace some dampers under warranty unless the owner kicked up a fuss.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Not sure what I'd be more comfortable with really as Renault also failed to replace some dampers under warranty unless the owner kicked up a fuss.

I got the Sachs stickers out them, If you word things in the right way and put it across in the correct manner you can get rather alot out of Renault

Reaction score
bearne1 wrote

I agree, i had the offside replaced under warranty in the first 3yrs but it wasn't straight forward,lots of 'normal wear and tear' kind of thing but got there in the end.

A new unit would only be covered by there parts warranty and they could wriggly out of this if you diy fit? as opposed to getting them to fit.imo.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Dampers are now ready :) paid the bill and will have them monday.will get pics up mon night.

Good news then.

Mine is all together and drives superbly. Just getting my allignment / tracking setup at Protyre in Exeter and will then be far more confident pushing it to its limits!!