Reaction score
Bored today and even although they seemed fine decided to take off the sach dampers to get them refurbed.

Going to drop them off to get shot blasted this week then get them painted etc then get them sent to BG motorsport.

Will put up more pics as they progress.

Reaction score
Do you like the Mark fish setup and did you g o for the neg camber top mount adjustment Mark does or the eibach camber bolts?
Cheers
Mal

Reaction score
As an option I sent mine to bg to strip them first, sent back to me to get them blasted and coated, then send them back to bg for refitting. The external reservoirs unbolt, which just leaves the steel damper casing and the alloy reservoirs to get blasted and coated. It's much easier for the blaster and a powder coated finish is more durable than paint.
03072011509.jpg

Reaction score
i never had the trophy long before i got the springs so am just used to that set up so cant compare as only remember it getting a bit stiffer.dont have camber bolts etc.

would prefer the dampers to get powdercoated.can u blast and powdercoat the reservoirs aswell ?

anyone know how much it roughly costs to post the dampers ? weighed them earlier.came in at 11.4kg for dampers only.

thanks

Reaction score
The pic above shows the dampers and reservoirs blasted and coated in the same silver. I think postage was £30ish Royal Mail Standard Parcels.

Reaction score
Thanks stormduck ! got them packaged up to go tommorrow.BG motorsport are going to strip them down and send me back the damper and reservoir to get shot blasted and coated and then returning them to get serviced.

If im getting something done dont like skimping so want them looking good aswell.

Getting this done plus years tax due at end of month is taking a nice chunk out the savings.lol

Reaction score
Got the dampers back from BG motorsport and they are now in getting shotblasted and powdercoated in the same colour as the reservoirs.get them back monday or tuesday then send them back down to get rebuilt.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Got the dampers back from BG motorsport and they are now in getting shotblasted and powdercoated in the same colour as the reservoirs.get them back monday or tuesday then send them back down to get rebuilt.

Brilliant move, was very tempted to get mine done like this.

Decided to spend the extra ££ on two PE2's and front end 'refresh'.

Get my dampers back tomorrow so one evening will be cleaning, another spraying and another laquering.

Look forward to completed pics ;-)

Reaction score
Brilliant move, was very tempted to get mine done like this.

Decided to spend the extra ££ on two PE2's and front end 'refresh'.

Get my dampers back tomorrow so one evening will be cleaning, another spraying and another laquering.

Look forward to completed pics ;-)

I get mine back on Tuesday! I've been doing cleaning and painting bits all week. What are you spraying/laquering yours with. I want a smooth finish on mine unlike last time. Powdercoating is a no no though.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I get mine back on Tuesday! I've been doing cleaning and painting bits all week. What are you spraying/laquering yours with. I want a smooth finish on mine unlike last time. Powdercoating is a no no though.

Just going for Hammerite smooth silver and have 3 random cans of laquer. When I had them refurbed last time they were rushed so did not look great.

Whilst the car is on axle stands have been cleaning arches / sills / etc

Reaction score
I've been doing the same!

Think I'll have to get some spray cans of smooth silver, as my brush strokes didn't look great last time.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've been doing the same!

Think I'll have to get some spray cans of smooth silver, as my brush strokes didn't look great last time.

Yes went for the smooth spray as painting by brush also was a no-no for me last time.

Managed to get mine prepped and rust treated this evening so ready for fun with the spray cans tomorrow. Considering the mileage mine have covered from last time they were in fairly good condition I'd say. I think the Hammerite has done well considering the bad weather and road grime over the last 18 months!

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Cant wait to see the end results as i have just sent cash away for my second pair of sachs suspension units.

Reaction score
Got the dampers back today so got them wrapped up pronto and they are on way back to silverstone now to get rebuilt.

The overall finish isnt as good as i wanted but for £40 to blast and powedercoat them isnt too bad and is alot better with all that rust etc gone.Will be going elsewhere in future though.Told them not to coat or overspray onto the bit where the end of the damper joins onto the reservoir and anywhere inside them but still ended up with overspray.

BEFORE...

AFTER...

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
The amount of powder coaters i have been to for inlets and things is unreal.
They have always got overspray in where i never wanted them too as its all about the masking up.
It takes aot of time to mask things up 100% and then when it goes in the oven it is baked at around 200 degrees.

I was going to get mine powder coated but im now going to get them painted by my mate who is a painter
with 3 or 4 coats of clear lacquer. If i do get them powder coated i will still be getting them lacquer ed also.

Reaction score
Think they never bothered with any masking tape.ha

Prefer the new colour of them and the finish looks really durable and tough.Think they will look really good all built back up.Will keep on top of keeping them clean even more now with taking the wheels off more regular for cleaning.

Looking forward to getting the car back on the road as its coming upto being off the road for a month for this damper refurb.Not that it does alot of miles as was checking my mot the other day and its not even done 1000 miles in the last 6 months as it only comes out on dry weekends.Am off on holiday the start of april so away on a roadtrip right round scotland over a few days in it.will get some pics up after it :)

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Only thing missing now is these
:p

photo4.gif