Reaction score
just went outside to get something from the car, and noticed the front wheels looked a bit scuffed. i had a closer look and saw there was red paint on them too, and only scuffing in the inside half of the spoke, all around. after a while pondering it occured to me what it was from, sinc ei was sure i hadn't kerbed them - bloody snow chains!!!! so be careful if you need to use them, and can anyone recommend a place i can get them refurbed? not of the scuffs are deep, just taken off some of the lacquer

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've got a feeling that i've read something saying not to use snowchains on the Renaultsport models of the Clio. It might even be in the manual but I can't honestly remember. I'll have a look later, maybe this is why.

Reaction score
Rough!

Very brave using snow chains on Turini's. I may look into some steelies or at least winter tyres for next year if it's a poor forecast for Winter.

Reaction score
well it was either snow chains or spend the whole winter in a ski resort!

:(

Reaction score
looks like its going to set me back £130+Vat

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, sounds like you didn't really have much choice

Reaction score
That's terrible news :(

Have definately read in the manual that you can't fit snow chains to the car... :(

Reaction score
ah well not the end of the world, just an expensive lesson to learn

Day

Reaction score
Your best not to use normal snow chains on alloy wheels as damage will happen.

You can however buy special ones that are designed to clear the wheels. A self tensioning system that sits across the front of the wheel is rubber coated/plastic coated, so no damage will occur.

Reaction score
the chains i used are rubber coated, doesnt seem to have helped much...

Reaction score
ive found somewhere that can do both wheels for £70+VAT, but I need to give them the wheels for 3 days. any idea where i can borrow a set of crappy steels from for a few days? i have access to garage facilities so i can change them over without many problems

Reaction score
dcw@pr said:
ive found somewhere that can do both wheels for £70+VAT, but I need to give them the wheels for 3 days. any idea where i can borrow a set of crappy steels from for a few days? i have access to garage facilities so i can change them over without many problems

Worth checking into this on cliosport.net as there have been loads of posts on there.

Use the search function as there is a guy there who can get some Fantastic discounts and he can do loan wheels too. Definately worth a look before you shell out the £££'s.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, speak to Fred (Fred2001Dynamic) on Cliosport, he can offer some good rates on wheel refurbs.

Reaction score
Where abouts in London are you mate?

I may be able to lend you 2 wheels for a day or two.

Steve

Reaction score
thanks for all the helpful comments. im in the archway area (north london)

Reaction score
Ah, I'm down in Beckenham, SE London.

Might be a bit of a treck for you.

I'm currently selling my 182 wheels. So you could borrow two of them.

Although, I've just had someone call me about them.
So they may be gone by the weekend.

Sos.

Reaction score
Arse indeed.

That settles it, I'm going to make a point of getting hold of some steelies from a scrapper this year. Are there any weird Mk II models with a different offset etc that I should avoid?