Reaction score
Just picked it up yestersday, it involved a lift to the airport from my dad at an unholy hour, a flight from newcastle to gatwick, my mate picked me up from the airport and gave me a lift to brighton then i drove the 376 miles home in it! If you'd seen it up for sale you'll have seen it had tinted glass all round which i hate, so that was the first job today, horrible job to do as the glue is a nightmare to get off, well worth it though. The bonnet also needed a bit of adjustment to get it sitting right so have sorted that too, gave her a wash and thats about it. Splitter will be on order tomorrow, from skoda and not renault as at £140+ vat for the splitter its a joke imo, im all for using genuine parts but for a tiny piece of plastic that'll no doubt be damaged sooner or later i'm willing to make an exception. Gonna order my '323/500' sticker from the shop tonight as well as it seems the majority on here have them and they look good. 2 pics anyway, first from yesterday on the way home at the services, note tinted glass!
12xqes.jpg

and one from today on the drive after said tinkering and a wash.
Thanks for looking.
Russ
12xqev.jpg

Reaction score
Very nice!! i phoned up about that one this morning actually .... but you'd already bought it!!

Is there actually anything wrong with it to explain the bargain price?

Reaction score
It needs a service + cambelt + the ac re gassed but apart from that nothing (unusual for a clio) wrong with it. Has x4 pe2's all with loads of tread, recent discs + pads etc and body work is very good, no sign of paint work and nearly zero stonechips, has plenty of wax/polish on as well that i notice when i washed it.
Russ

Reaction score
Keith, i know looks a million times better without the tints. Will look better again once it has a new splitter :D
Russ

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Awesome 8)

We should get a Lakes meet organized soon, Think there are 3 of us now, but there seems to be a mystery Trophy around the Workington area.

Ben

Reaction score
Yeah ben definately should get them altogether.
Shfitspark, ph1 is still here and in bits, lsd is in the gearbox and ready to bolt back on to the engine and i've just bought a full charger kit so things are getting pretty interesting! Just need to get time to get the shell painted now.
Russ

Reaction score
Been off work today so done a couple of jobs on the Trophy. First was to replace the drivers side mirror glass as it was cracked, renault wanted £26 for the glass only so i told them to whistle and swapped the glass from the mirror on my PH1 whilst its sat doing nothing.
Next on the list was fitting my Skoda Fabia splitter, £11 from the local TPS and looks good once fitted, took some time messing around to get it evened out as its not stiff like the oe renault one its more maleable plastic, hopefully this could be a bonus if i catch it on anything. Excuse the poor pics btw just off the iphone.
12lqmk.jpg

12lqml.jpg

The steering wheel, like many 182's/trophy's had suffered from serious right hand thumbgrip wear so i've fitted my Sparco 383 suede wheel that's waiting to go on the ph1, had to buy another boss off ebay as the ph1/2's are different but its on and the airbag light is not which is a bonus 8)
12lqmx.jpg

Next up i had a few bits to go on my ph1 that i'm not going to use now so they're on the trophy, namely a V6 espace airbox setup from JMS with pipercross filter + breather and sfs 90degree bend, removed all the oe airfeed and a/v too. Seems a little bit eager to rev now but not a massive difference, more induction noise which is good but nothing silly like you get from an open cone.
12lqmg.jpg

Bit of an aesthetic mod this one as i was sick of looking at the scabby calipers, was undecided whether to just do them silver or not but done them red instead and i think they look great. Realised i need new rear discs and pads whilst i had the wheels off.
12lqmh.jpg

12lqmi.jpg

Last job of the day, but obviously the most important one was to fit my Trophy 323/500 sticker from the shop. Can definately feel the extra 20bhp straight away :lol:
Russ
12lqmj.jpg

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Superb mate (tup)

She looks lovely, have you taken it for a good drive yet, how are you finding it ?

Ben

Reaction score
Not been far at all tbh ben apart from the long journey back from purchase, today was the first time I've had a minute lately. I still need to check the allignment and have a good look on the ramp at the front suspension, had a poke around today and seems ok so we'll see. Gonna try and sort a run out with piers (psj) off Cliosport when I get a chance.
Russ

Reaction score
Greetings from 323's sister car #322.

Looking good sis!!! (poke)