Reaction score
Had a word with the dealers (Reg Vardy) yesterday and they said they'd not been able to get hold of the Trophy from the dealers they were hoping to. They have found 15 unregistered cars with various dealerships, but they are reluctant to hand one over to Reg Vardys.

Vardys claim to be approaching Renault to get some clout behind their request to grab one, but I am getting a little twitchy. Has anyone else encountered a situation like this? I realise Trophys are getting thin on the ground, but I put a deposit on my car...

They have always been OK with me in the past, but there is a niggle of concern emerging over this...

Reaction score
I bet other dealers dont want to hand them over as there are so little Trophys left and they know they can probably make a good profit on them when they do sell them.

Reaction score
Clarkson's review today isn't going to exactly persuade dealers to hoist their stock off elsewhere :(

Reaction score
Just had a call from the dealers, who now say they're going to struggle to fulfil the order. On the basis of the order, my other half obtained me a private plate for the car (which would be worthless, as I have a private plate keyed to my current car) and I have obtained a personal loan. Watch this space for updates until my solicitor advises me otherwise.

Reaction score
Issue is really that I'll struggle to get the deal I negotiated for new elsewhere, and the price I got is actually cheaper than several of the second hand cars Ive seen already.

I'll let them say their bit tomorrow. If they try and flog me a 182 with toys, I will want even more off, as there's no way a full fat will have retained its value any where near as well in 5 years time :(

Reaction score
Still furious now, what do peeps think I should go for as extras if they offer me:

a) full fat with cup packs and Recaros

b) 2nd hand trophy

I'd be wanting more $$$ off and or free servicing/extended warranty

Reaction score
Go for the second hand Trophy as thats what you want. You are always going to struggle for a good deal if you need to part ex a car. Have they taken a deposit off you? and have you or they signed anything?

Reaction score
Yup, deposit taken and order paperwork filled out.

Wow, Matt the cat's link is a dear do, pre-reg/delivery mileage for over a grand more than the new price I negotiated (other cars seem dear too). Maybe it's just that and they simply don't want to do the deal any more as they won't make any money on it...

Reaction score
wow anyone see the rs200 in the link that matt the cat posted!!!! :D

buy a second hand trophy.

Reaction score
hi guys,dont know if this is any good but my dealer has 1. unreg in stock. 8)

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone. I'm now looking at trying to get one from another dealer and simply sueing them for any shortfall. When it's all resolved, I'll put full details up, but for now, the simple advice is do NOT use Reg vardy under any circumstances. Although others at work have had issues with them previously, I've always discounted them. Until now. Cheap yes, but broken promises. If I had the link I could point you to a Citroen site with workmates complaining about warranty not being honoured etc etc etc :(

Reaction score
One owners star coming up next week please.

It's taken me getting in touch with a regional manager at Renault and constant harassment, but they've finally got me one. I'm still not delighted with the dealers, but I should be sitting in a different red car next week :D

Reaction score
Portland said:
One owners star coming up next week please.

It's taken me getting in touch with a regional manager at Renault and constant harassment, but they've finally got me one. I'm still not delighted with the dealers, but I should be sitting in a different red car next week :D

TBH im dissapointed Jermey didnt intervene on this one. Hes quick enough to post in these forums when a review comes out, but when you really needed some help where was his phone call?

Or maybe he doesnt have the power everyone thinks he does at Renault?

Im glad you got the car mate, been reading about it on clisport too. Id give it a good check over when you pick it up, make sure its a good one after all these troubles. I also hope they are going to throw in some free stuff for all your troubles. Jeremy...........?

..............cup of tea, two sugars please. :p