Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i gather someone wants to have a race ./duel / comparison im up for a race on a track ,never done it before but after 6000 miles of driving my car i feel i can take up the challenge now that i understand the car and its limits. where and when ? preferably up north- my car prefers the cleaner unpolluted air

Reaction score
do you need to do anything special to the car -or just turn up and kick some rustbuckets arse !

Reaction score
haha, think it was stromba that wanted to see a standard Willy that's not been battered, ie fresh low mile or rebuilt example. he wants to see this test done, but wont do anything about it even though he now has 2 pretty mint willy 1's on low mile engine and the other rebuilt Williamseses :lol:

my engine's on about 28k now... i'll show you the way if you wanna put your car to the test :wink:

my money's on my *ahem* standard williams :lol:

Reaction score
is this another ornament, or a track toy? :lol:

why not put it up against this fella's car for a test if it's standard and you actually have one... as that would make 3 Willy 1's and a hybrid? lol

Reaction score
Well it seems like to me like another offer has been put down on the table by a Trophy owner, and our long serving Williams owner has dodged the question yet again???

Didnt even do so much as acknowledge Jimmy's offer??? Now that could be classes as plain rude. Come on KS, where are your manners?

Reaction score
Im happy for an insured impartial journalist to compare the 2 cars back to back. It would proove nothing having a race if we were driving as it would come down to driver ability.

Reaction score
TheJesus said:
is this another ornament, or a track toy? :lol:

why not put it up against this fella's car for a test if it's standard and you actually have one... as that would make 3 Willy 1's and a hybrid? lol

We have 1 hybrid (breaking with 68,000 mile williams 3 engine), 3 williams and 1 fast black 172.

So now i have more experience than most with various 2 litre clios. The hybrid is stupidly quick. I have no idea why, it just scares the shit out of me. :shock: It would pull fairly convincingly on jills 172 and 0002. Its a standard engine with a ss exaust and i see no reason why it wouldnt do a 14s quater miles. Ive only driven it with 17's on aswell, plus two spare 17's in the boot :shock:

For track cars hybrids are the way forward.

Reaction score
come on you clown lets get it on..or as i thought all mouth and no action .

Reaction score
this isnt a clinical trial .just compare lap times with standard drivers .maybe with a bit of course tuition befoe.

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Im happy for an insured impartial journalist to compare the 2 cars back to back. It would proove nothing having a race if we were driving as it would come down to driver ability.

pmsl, your kidding right? sorry mate, but there is no such thing needed when comparing two cars on a purely performance based test. this is a which is quicker in a straight line test, as your original arguement was that a low mile or rebuilt/mint example would be as fast... rolling 1st, 2nd or whatever gear starts only require you to drive it and change before the limiter... not difficult unless your a bit 'my left foot' and if one of you balls a change up you run again... simple...

nice that you have another clio, you certainly are one of the most experienced purchasers now... maybe not drivers though as they need to move pal ;)

so is this engine going in the latest Willy 1 you have for a track toy as i'm assuming the shell and everything else will be sold? bar the lexus lights and 17s of course, as i heard a rumour they are already on 0002 :wink: :lol:

Jimmy, where in the North are you based? I'm not far from manchester if you wanna meet up and adorn the rear of my car :lol:

Reaction score
jimmy said:
this isnt a clinical trial .just compare lap times with standard drivers .maybe with a bit of course tuition befoe.

So if i win, how do you know its not because im a better driver? If you win, how do we know its not because your lap time was set when the track was at its best?

If its not objective then its worthless. Might as well go racing round the roundabouts in swindon with our cheap after market coilovers on innit?

Reaction score
TheJesus said:
King Stromba said:

pmsl, your kidding right? sorry mate, but there is no such thing needed when comparing two cars on a purely performance based test. this is a which is quicker in a straight line test, as your original arguement was that a low mile or rebuilt/mint example would be as fast... rolling 1st, 2nd or whatever gear starts only require you to drive it and change before the limiter... not difficult unless your a bit 'my left foot' and if one of you balls a change up you run again... simple...

nice that you have another clio, you certainly are one of the most experienced purchasers now... maybe not drivers though as they need to move pal ;)

so is this engine going in the latest Willy 1 you have for a track toy as i'm assuming the shell and everything else will be sold? bar the lexus lights and 17s of course, as i heard a rumour they are already on 0002 :wink: :lol:

Jimmy, where in the North are you based? I'm not far from manchester if you wanna meet up and adorn the rear of my car :lol:

Who compares things objectively for a living? Me or you? I know more about objective testing than youve had hot dinners.

I saved the lexus lights for the northern posse. I mean, most of you are already well on your way to being chavs, so might as well stop the charade and just fit the bloody things and be done with it. Ill send them to the fcs for you to pick up. Will be in the max power tent, next to the drum and bass enclosure, opposite the salmonella stand.

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Who compares things objectively for a living? Me or you? I know more about objective testing than youve had hot dinners.

I saved the lexus lights for the northern posse. I mean, most of you are already well on your way to being chavs, so might as well stop the charade and just fit the bloody things and be done with it. Ill send them to the fcs for you to pick up. Will be in the max power tent, next to the drum and bass enclosure, opposite the salmonella stand.

who cares who compares what for a living, what's that got to do with anything? it's not a very difficult or particularly demanding scientific test, you just line the cars up next to each other and press pedals... even your capable of this surely? how about stop making excuses and going off topic, the challenge has been laid down and your constant reminders of how original and standard your cars are, not to mention how fast you think they are should put you at the front of the queue to test this theory. I happen to think your right, I don't think there would be a lot in it, but unfortunately my car is far from standard and would eat a Trophy for breakfast, lunch and dinner. All this hot air reminds me of the time you said SQM's were easy and how you could beat anyone... then the challenge was laid down and you did the old no show... be a man, take the Pepsi challenge...

haha, funny, although I think you may find that none of the northern 'posse' as you call us actually have any external modifications :wink: ... unless of course engine mods are now chav, in which case you'd be the front runner, as 0002 had chip, decat and exhaust when I saw it, 0200 has been rebuilt, therefore not original and the 2 new ones are non standard and track cars :wink: anyway, surely lexus lights are more of an essex wide boy thing with 17's, paroxide bleached hair and san tropez? ;)

Reaction score
To be fair to Stromba, I have seen some incredibly quick Clio Williams on the hills, but as yet none of the more modern versions, so the comparison has yet to be made.

The most objective test would be to run a back to back circuit test with one competent driver. I guess that the circuit would need to be biased towards handling rather than outright top speed.

Stromba , you certainly seem to have the knack of creating controversy whenever you post. Perhaps you should add Dale Carnegie to your bedtime reading.

To help us mere mortal serfs understand your objectivity, could you kindly explain in what way, other than by obvious enthusiasm, you are qualified to make this claim. Is it based on qualifications and training, employment or profession?

Similarly, is there any reason why I have never seen you posting on Cliosport, which would seem to be more appropriate to the Clio Williams?

Reaction score
TheJesus said:
King Stromba said:

who cares who compares what for a living, what's that got to do with anything? it's not a very difficult or particularly demanding scientific test, you just line the cars up next to each other and press pedals...

Trouble is mate, that is NOT a scientific test. Its purely subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.