Reaction score
I have had two Trophys both which have done this. When parking and wheels near full lock the steering wheel becomes light and wants to go onto full lock its self as if the wheels are tilted over. Also if the road is wet the T front tires slip very easily when turning. It never bothered me as i thought all 182's do this but driving my mates cup the other day it did not do this. Is this due to the sach suspension set up or is it a track thing that the trophy has been set up for ??

Reaction score
Not sure about the full lock issue - mine doesn't do that. When you say in the wet they slip - mine does similar almost like they are hopping whilst turning. I think most TROPHY's do this and I can only think its something to do with the low pro side wall.

Reaction score
Mine does the same - the tyres, mainly the outside (bigger radius) one I think, scrub like buggery on full lock. It's most noticeable in the wet. When my son is home in a couple of weeks I'll see if his 182 Cup does the same.

Reaction score
Had a similar thing when i first got my T, to cure issue this i set my camber to 2 deg on front and toe out only a tiny bit think it was just under 1mm overall, even setting wheels to zero toe fixed the issue but handling seems better with toe out however makes car slightly camber sensitive, i found setting both sides to 1 deg camber and zero toe overall was ideal if you want comfort drive but not too fussed with cornering speeds but once i went to 2 deg i now wont go back.

One thing to add is doing the wheel alignment as above also fixes tyre wear, i now find my tyres both wear evenly across the tread as before i had it scrubbing both inside and outside edges, i also found that the T use to on full lock skip at slow speeds on one wheel more than the other this issue is also fixed with the wheel alignment being adjusted to above.

Reaction score
You'll find that all 182's do it even worse when its cold outside too. It's all down to the strut top mounts many years ago there was a mod to cure it by grinding part of the top shock down but it never really cured it. It also doesn't help that when turning one wheel turns more than the other if that makes sense there is a word for it but can I remember what it is, no. Really to cure it is either fit STM and rum some camber, also there is a mod from Mark Fish I think fitting some washers but will fail an MOT doing so.

Reaction score
Your referring to the ackerman angle, as for top mounts, im sure the Trophy runs a v6 top mount that is already modified to stop the knocking so there is no need to fit the spacers. On top of that i know my holes in the turret were an oval shape, this was also introduced ia renault years ago from memory to stop the knocking.

Reaction score
Your referring to the ackerman angle, as for top mounts, im sure the Trophy runs a v6 top mount that is already modified to stop the knocking so there is no need to fit the spacers. On top of that i know my holes in the turret were an oval shape, this was also introduced ia renault years ago from memory to stop the knocking.

The V6 is the only Clio that has the washer mod to stop them knocking, the Trophy along with 182's and 172's feature standard unmodified top-mounts. Fitting STM's certainly reduces the problem but doesn't elimate it entirely, although the car does feel alot better after fitting them imo

Reaction score
You may well be correct, when i was looking for top mounts for my T the part numbers were different to a standard 182 and come under the same number for v6 top mounts, Renault classed them under the extreme pack 2, i have to admit it was quite a while back now.

I know lately that renault have released a new style top mount but im unsure if this has a fix to the knocking or not as i never really looked into it that much.

Reaction score
there's no knocking and the top mounts are fine. One of the top comments i think from moono describes it best, as if the tires are hopping and you are correct in saying one wheel feels like its doing it more than the other. One other thing that i noticed, when parked up and the T is near full lock the tyre wall seems to be stretched and becomes a deformed shape if that makes sense and it is this that is obviously causing the skipping/hopping at low speeds. I think from what you lot have said above that the trophy is set up to do this, as my mates cup does not do it at all.

maybe as the Trophy is a track ready car the tyres deliberately change camber as you turn in order to keep the tyres flat to the floor when traveling round corners at speed.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think the tyres play a part in this, when I was on Hankooks the problem disappeared. As soon as I changed back to Michelins the problem came back.