Reaction score
Trophy No.
Has anyone got any info on how the warrenty works with regard to parts?

Just want to know what to say if they say, they cant give me a new driveshaft because it has a non standard air freshener or something lol

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well we all know that they will try to wriggle out of any liability and it's up to you to fight your corner.

Are you talking about anything specific?

Reaction score
Gazza said:
Has anyone got any info on how the warrenty works with regard to parts?

Just want to know what to say if they say, they cant give me a new driveshaft because it has a non standard air freshener or something lol

I'm not so sure that you will have a problem.

Just before Christmas my clutch exploded completely destroying the gearbox on my Trophy.

Renault Masters in Beckenham fitted a new clutch and gearbox under warranty without any questions. Photos of the damage were sent off to get approval - got the answer back in 48hours.

As you may be aware my car is fairly heavily modified including no rear seats, half cage and harnesses etc.

Although Masters gave the car back with no undertray (I'm still waiting for a replacement), steering wheel was no longer straight, scratches to paint work on the inner driver door and a rear speaker blowing!

I took the car up to see Mr Fish and he found a few other issues including a coolant hose that was putting a lot of unwanted pressure on the new clutch cable!

In all the drama I forgot to ask them not to clean my car, so now I have loads of micro-swirls to polish out!

Renaults after sales customer service actually makes me think twice about ever buying a new Renault again!

Good luck with the warranty claim, hope your car comes back in better condition than mine.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ah Masters, that's the bunch that left me out of pocket with my problem.

Reaction score
Renault are a pain in the arse at getting stuff under warranty!! Im still trying to get my driver seat replaced as it gone very baggy. Good lucky and keep at them if they say no!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks guys, for the feedback. Got severals problems at the moment.

Coolant sensor problem(Gauge keeps dropping to zero)
Leaking drive shaft
And the one im worried about is that 3rd gear feels really notchy when I change down from 4th gear. It doesnt crunch but it definitely isnt right and its worse when cold. Had gearbox oil changed recently which didnt help.

My trophy has done 38000 miles which are mostly motorway miles and I have never tried to do fast gear shifts, so dont really see why I should be having this problem.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Gary i really can't see why you should have any problems at all with those problems whatever mods you've had done, as said just stick to your guns if you do.

Reaction score
I had an awful experience with Renault Warranty when my engine decided to give up the ghost. Because my car was not serviced by a Renault main dealer they used that as the first excuse for the engine failing blaming the garage that carried out the service for not doing the work properly. Although the car had done 6k since the service was done. Renault tried every excuse in the book to get out of putting a new engine in my car and informed me it would cost the best part of £6000 to get the work done.

The warranty is not worth the paper it is written on IMO

Reaction score
Trophy No.
:roll: Was trying to keep it upbeat :)
To be perfectly honest that was the only fly in the ointment of my advice. i was going to keep mine totally standard with FRSH until the warranty period had finished but decided that grief was all you'd get whatever.
Basically why worry until you have to and then fight hard if need be.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'll never buy another Reno just because of their stealer network. Every time i've dealt with them it's been a battle.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So its good news :D so far.

Just went in to see the dealership(john peace in braintree) and they have agreed to change the temp sensor and the drive shaft.

The gearbox is a little more complicated. They agree there is a problem but once they have the other parts in, they will have to strip it so they can prove to Renault that there is a problem and it should be under warrenty. The service manager said he thinks I will get a new gearbox but obviosly cant promise anything till renault have diagnosed the gearbox problem and agreed repair is out of the question.

So I will have to wait and see, but im very releaved they agree its a genuine fault.

Will keep you all posted and thanks for the advice. :wink:

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my temperature gauge.
I took it to rentech who pushed it back in properly.
Took all of 5 seconds.

If I remember correctly it is situated down the right hand side of the engine and is a white plastic tube with a cable coming from it. Apparenty it is just held in place by the friction of a rubber washer. ie just pulls in and out with no clip or anything holding it.

Could be worth a try before you involve a renault garage.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just a quick update,

So I'm getting a new drive shaft, temp sensor and a new gearbox all courtsey of Renault. So pleased this all came under warranty.

Decided to have a new clutch while the gearbox was out. I know there is plenty of life left on my existing clutch but as the dealership agreed not to charge me labor and gave me cost price on the clutch kit, I thought I would be stupid not to.

Should be picking her up mid week. Cant wait...

Reaction score
Nice one Gazza, it's good to hear someone having any form of joy with a warranty claim! Mine needs to go in for a few bits and pieces - the emissions light flashed briefly for a while lastnight and the ECU bracket has snapped.. :(

Reaction score
Why are we taking a Trophy to a dealer for warranty work to be done? That is insane!

Main dealers mainly do PDI checks and oil changes for non-RS cars. The car can be repaired under warranty at any VAT registered garage.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just to update everyone, My trophy is now fully up and running again. Have to give credit to John peace motors who did the work. They did a good job and had no issues with arguing my case about it being a warranty job.

New gearbox feels so sweet, the old one must of been shit, as it never felt anywhere near as smooth as this.

If anyone is looking for a good main dealer, I would deffintley recommend them. John the service manager said he would also be willing to do a deal on labour costs to all RS owners. £45 an hour, just make sure you speak to him and not the idiots on reception.

As for Rexina182's comment I was under the impression that you can take your car to a VAT registered garage for a service and not void your warranty but not for warranty work to be carried out.

Reaction score
^^ you can service it where you like, but warranty work has to be done at the stealers :D

My local Renault are spot on, phone them up. Tell them i need this or that doing, parts are ordered jobs a good one.
You must have crap agents near you lot!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve, all I can say is Halifax's dealership went bust, followed 12 months later by Huddersfield's, Bradford are gash also....

West Yorkshire may well be the worst served area for Renault.....

Reaction score
My cam cover needs resealed? Apparently this is a big job? It's going in on Friday, I hope to hell that this is covered in my warrenty? Can anyone confirm that they will cover this? :cry: