Reaction score
Hey all, after being too late on car 002 (congrats to the guy that bought it from Steve!) I've been searching around trying to track another one down.

Found a few on auto trader and wondered if anyone knows the cars at all... I found
and a couple of others but they don't list the model numbers.

One I found has had a brake upgrade - would anyone suggest whether it's a good idea to go for one that's had such changes or steer clear? I also found one with an ICE upgrade which made me think perhaps a bit boy racer... Finally, a lot of them seem to be around 15k miles, should I do my best to track one down with lower mileage?

Any comments and suggestion gratefully received! I want to make sure I know as much as possible about what to look for before I go ahead and buy!

Reaction score
If you stay clear of a car because of minor things your possiblly looking for the wrong car.

Most are a year old, early ones year & half so 15k miles aint a lot.

It's only a clio, so build quality, squeaks etc are all part of it's character.

They are rare-ish, so if you look at a good one & then go to see another don't be supprised if the first one is gone when you return.

Reaction score
Oh no I fully expect that there will be the odd thing that marks the car out as being used, am just curious for opinions on what to look for in terms of things that would mark the car out as being one to avoid.. I can appreciate that being the type of car it is, all will no doubt have been driven pretty hard, are there obvious signs that I should be looking for?

I currently drive a Ford so believe me I am used to niggling things!

Reaction score
Whichever you decide to buy, HPI :wink:

Check over car, but panel fit & finish aint the best on any.

Check round door shuts, window rubbers especially rears for evidence of spray work or blending.

Lift boot carpet check for rear end shunts,

Dents can be pulled, chips can be blended etc etc.

Go for a 'long' test drive, b roads are good test.

Anything mechanical will be covered by warranty so don't worry about it, also 3yr 'full' AA package with all cars.

Condition of tyres as £80/100 each.

If you have a local member near by ask if you can check over his as too have a comparison........would not bother me if anyone wanted to look.

Now get out there & buy one. (tup)

Reaction score
I have a brake upgrade and a stereo upgrade but am anything but Boy Racer! Buying my car would land you with an exeptional example. I even fill the water resevoir with Brita water...

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
don't worry about the brake kit one - whomever has done it probably knows that it's the weak point of the Trophy if there is one. So that maybe a good bet.

Reaction score
Hehe, I hope I didn't cause offence with ref to 'boy racer'!!! Britta water, that's mighty impressive!!!

Well on the note of checking one over, does anyone live in the Romford/East London/Essex Region?! I saw a Trophy outside a restaurant nr me just 2 weeks ago so there must be one not too far away..

I have a couple in mind, hoping maybe I can fit in a visit tomorrow or at the weekend.

Thanks for the checking tips, am slowly compiling a list of things to look at. Only thing now is getting out to see one before they all get snapped up!!! :shock:

Reaction score
I live near Stansted Airport so not far from Romford area really.

If you need some moral support etc then get in touch.
Am often around the Hainault area due to work or to go to my favourite cafe in Chadwell Heath!!!!

Good luck in your search.

Reaction score
Standard pads are rubbish, brake upgrades works very well I have pagid rs42 pads yes expensive but there are great and work well with braided hoses and high carbon standard fit disks.

Reaction score
Found another, number 205. Apparently it's an ex forces car and the guy says that although he hasn't received it yet, all their ex forces cars are in as new condition... Anyone know the history of this car or anyone had experience of ex-forces cars?

Reaction score
:?: :?: :?:

All cars owned by squaddies regularly taking them to the Nurburgring to hammer the shit out of are going to be as new?

or have I misunderstood ex-forces?