Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has suggestions on selling my Trophy..

I spoke to allvehicles.co.uk and they offered me £8k. Also went into Renault DSG Morecambe and after being asked if it was a 172 or 182 three times and several references to it being called a cup(!) they offered me £8,200 against a Megane diesel (I have decided on gettinga sensible motor)

It has 22,500 miles on the clock, new front tyres, FSH and in general good nick. How much do you think i'd get for it through a private sale?

Thanks
Stan

Reaction score
Has the car got any warranty left on it? 05/55?

You will always get that sort of crap from dealers, most don't know their arse from their elbow.

Theres a couple on Pistonheads around the 9k mark with slightly higher mileage than yours

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
judging by what some are going for at the moment i'd stick a price of £10k on it and hold out for no less than 9750.

private sales will always fetch more than trade in's. stay away from ebay - pistonheads, autotrader should be the safest bets.

Reaction score
in the past i've used e bay as a good avertising media, but always removed the listing before the end (up to 12 hours before the end time) it certainly reaches a lot of people thats for sure...
but the thing i hate about private sales are all the tyre kickers, time wasters, and general ar8e holes that crawl out the woodwork, and those guys that have someone interested in your car but you need to pay them to pass on the information (pure scum)
guess thats why most people these days cant be bothered with it all
let us know how you get on...
no test drives without proof of insurance either

Reaction score
If you don't want to trade it, I'd say just hang in there. I have regularly had Clio Trophys in stock for over four months, you can't expect to sell cars in a few days.

Stan, regardless of trade price, I could probably find you an equivalent of what they were selling you and reduce the difference to change. Also, what would they sell you the diesel for with no px?

Reaction score
artdealer said:
If you don't want to trade it, I'd say just hang in there. I have regularly had Clio Trophys in stock for over four months, you can't expect to sell cars in a few days.

Stan, regardless of trade price, I could probably find you an equivalent of what they were selling you and reduce the difference to change. Also, what would they sell you the diesel for with no px?

Hi

Yeah I know, i've been advised to hang in there, it'll just be more heartache when i get rid of it if I take my time over it :cry:

They said £9500 for the megane cash, that was because they wanted to improve their March figures! But since that point I have been scouring the web and have decided not to go for the megane...Probably will go for the Focus TDCi or Astra CDTi instead

Cheers

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ford's are the best of the small diesels - they invested massively in the technology a few years back. Mercs & BMW are good diesels also.

French used to be but have fallen behind somewhat.

Reaction score
Hi Stan,
I have just sold my Trophy and I have a 56 Plate Focus 1.6 TDCI zetec. Outdrives any other diesel for the money and still handles (Not like a Trophy but the best you will get for a cooking hatch) Bought mine out of Motorpoint for £9500 with 8K. The Ford will always sell on easier than the Megane and is a better car.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It's a widely reported problem but only a few of them suffer from that. All forced inductions are the same - extra parts to go wrong.