Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the order numbers are on the dampers in front and rear.
Is it:front:8200514733
Rear:8200519954.
Is this right?
And have the swiss the same numbers.

Reaction score
So how did you get the pins out? i was looking at mine on the weekend, but didnt have time to take the shock out and properly look at them. Plus i really dont want to risk damaging the shock.

Reaction score
Shockers stay on the car 30 minutes job :wink: more than happy to do this for anyone

Reaction score
If i was anywhere near you i would get you to do it, I am in Birmingham on the 22nd with work so i could use my car instead of a hire car. Are you easy to find from the NEC?

Reaction score
phil pearce said:
If i was anywhere near you i would get you to do it, I am in Birmingham on the 22nd with work so i could use my car instead of a hire car. Are you easy to find from the NEC?

Don't let him do it, everyone knows Neal has Trophy envy, he'll have your sachs dampers away and replace them with a bit of cork. :lol:

Reaction score
working as an engineer i would imagine that by drilling the pins out you will probably only remove the top half and end up pushing whats left of the pin back into the damperwith the force of the drill...which wont do it any good

Reaction score
Firstly many thanks to Amm and Neal for being the pioneers in Sach damper pin removal!

I paid Mark Fish a visit today and had the pins removed from the front dampers (no need for drills at all).

Mark drove the car over his usual test route with different amount of firmness dialed in.

The front dampers can be set very hard which removes most if not all of the body roll.

Mark commented that this could be very good on track but might suffer from under steer as the rears might be too soft even with my stiffer spring setup.

So Mark is now looking into sourcing me a set of adjustable dampers for the rear to compliment the excellent (& now adjustable) front Sach units.

When will the madness end?

Reaction score
Sounds excellent, keep us posted, I think the 'middle' setting is a compromise for roads so dialing them up should get some good results on track.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'm leaing well alone. Fecked up the settings on the mountain bike by doing this and thy only had 12 settings. :shock: :?

Reaction score
I've just come back from having a play this morning over some well known roads.

I think I have found my ideal settings for fast road use - 30 clicks clockwise from the softest setting.

Later when I have more time I'm going to see what it is like at around 10 clicks - as I'm hoping this will make a very nice soft relaxing ride for long motorway journeys ie to the ring!

Andy / Neal have you had a chance to play with the different setting yet?

Reaction score
anyone fancy telling me the secret on this, or are interested parties keeping it to themselves?

amm

Reaction score
7MAT said:
I've just come back from having a play this morning over some well known roads.

I think I have found my ideal settings for fast road use - 30 clicks clockwise from the softest setting.

Later when I have more time I'm going to see what it is like at around 10 clicks - as I'm hoping this will make a very nice soft relaxing ride for long motorway journeys ie to the ring!

Andy / Neal have you had a chance to play with the different setting yet?

yes we have had a play with the dampers i would not try driving around with your dampers on the softies setting as it was not nice my car felt like a bus it rolled around and was not a nice feeling