Reaction score
Mines not too great when starting off from cold, once its warm its fine, but im sure thats just down to it being cold. If you go onto the RS forum on ask the experts there was a question answered with the same problem, the response was that as the 02 sensor has not warmed through so it cannot take accurate readings for the ecu.

Reaction score
Cheers mate v interesting. I forgot to mention that i have also removed, thoroughly cleaned and re-fitted the throttle body/butterfly too with no improvement. I would still like to smooth out the idle when warm so may still get it looked at.

Reaction score
Sam_K said:
Mines not too great when starting off from cold, once its warm its fine, but im sure thats just down to it being cold. If you go onto the RS forum on ask the experts there was a question answered with the same problem, the response was that as the 02 sensor has not warmed through so it cannot take accurate readings for the ecu.

Yes but surely this is just the usual cold start cycle that they all have? I thought Tractor had developed a new problem.

Reaction score
Yes your right, but in tractors case it may just a bad example of it because i really dont think the exhaust on its own would cause it. Could it be an airleak somewhere like around the throttle body?

Reaction score
I've had the RS192 on my car for over a year now. Whilst I haven't experienced the issue of hesitation under 3k rpm, I do get a metalic "tinkling" sound at high rpm ie, when booting it. I've ignored it thus far, but took my car in for an MOT recently and failed on very high CO and HC emissions. Looked under the car and despite it being sealed with copious amounts of firegum, there was a lot of sooty deposit at the join where the center section meets the pipe for the rear boxes.

So put the car up on jacks, took out the centre section, sanded off all the old firegum. Drank a can of coke, then took the can and cut the ends off. Trimmed the roll of metal to about 3" wide and used this as a shim wrapped around the end of the pipe of the centre section and inserted it back in to the pipe for the rear boxes. The fit was much tighter and used firegum to lubricate the assembly. This time I also used the car jack that came with the Clio to support the weight of the centre section to ensure the system was as straight/aligned as best as possible before tightening up all the clamps.

Done a couple of hundred or so miles and so far no leaks, no sooty deposits around the joins, no tinkling noise on hard acceleration and it also passed its MOT (most likely thanks to the Italian tune-up before the retest!) :mrgreen:

Reaction score
I have an RS192 on my 182, I also feel a difference on a cold start, im waiting for a backfire (like my mk1 did) when you change gear or engine brake, but it goes after 2mins or so, I also get a tinnie vibrating sound at certain revs, Maybe its the heatshields as they are cheap and nasty. I didnt use a sealer and found this exhaust quite tricky to get lined up correctly for the spoiler cut outs. Also having to cut the standard exhaust off at the back boxes was heartbreaking (was gonna ebay it for £50) Anyone got any suggestions for the noise?
But I must say I love the sound of this exhaust, not too much noise but enough,,, its weird I find myself not putting the radio on and just listening to the sound!

Reaction score
I have had my scorpion 192 since the middle of last year. I've had the common tinny/whistly noise under hard accelleration and sometimes the warm-up phase has been more than just rough, actually missfiring.

No obvious sign of leaks and no soot around any of the joints. I have not used any sealant as I didn't believe I should have. However, I've always suspected the cat to manifold joint could be leaking as this was obviously disturbed slightly on fitting and not a new part.

With an MOT due soon and thinking about possible emmissions fail, I finally got round to fitting a new gasket/joint kit. Pleased to say the tinny sound has pretty much gone (not sure its gone completly but sounds so much healthier now) and seems to pull a bit better low down. Too early to say if it has completely solved the missfires during warm-up but, again, it feels much smoother.

It had an almost perfect emmisions result last year with old exhaust so I'll be interested to see how it is this time...