Reaction score
George K said:
ben182trophy said:
ive managed to get my car booked in for a custom remap but im afraid its not at rs tuning,i didnt get a call back and its 135 miles away so would be too far for me in the end. its at chipped uk in bromsgrove with a before and after dyno, girl said upto 16 bhp but il be happy if it gets to its claimed 182, going on sat aug 15th 9.30am. need to start saving

Ben, that is where I went last year - if you like i will ook up the date so that they cna trace the map/mods that they did for me.

Ben / George - I have the paperwork if you need this info

Reaction score
Trophy No.
April 1, was looking at these figures last night trying to figure how much effect the cams on yours had on the result over Matt's with similar mods.

Reaction score
marrow said:
George K said:
ben182trophy said:
ive managed to get my car booked in for a custom remap but im afraid its not at rs tuning,i didnt get a call back and its 135 miles away so would be too far for me in the end. its at chipped uk in bromsgrove with a before and after dyno, girl said upto 16 bhp but il be happy if it gets to its claimed 182, going on sat aug 15th 9.30am. need to start saving

Ben, that is where I went last year - if you like i will ook up the date so that they cna trace the map/mods that they did for me.

Ben / George - I have the paperwork if you need this info

cool thanks does it show before and after figures? just brought a samco induction hose and some silikone pro s 5w 40 oil. was told this is one of the best oils you can get and getting the induction hose is cheaper than getting maxogen, my viper should be as good with its caf and new ind hose. george on your remap did you have the rev limiter raised? if not can they still do it? cheers

Reaction score
Think Hoolio and Marrow both have the graphs - they do show before and after - they can access them more quickly than I can. Rev limiter was already raised by the earlier AWT/RS standard re-map, so you will have to ask. As Hoolio says it was done on 1 April 2008.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
George K said:
Cue said:
no - just had pre and post runs on his RR when i fitted the maxogen. Not sure on length of time on the aux belt - iirc it's around 3 hours but i'll check.

Cue what were your before and after figures?

iirc it was 163bhp at peak of 6400 before and 167.8bhp at peak of 6500 after but it was over fuelling like mad and the zorst clamp was causing the 'zorst to blow a bit, Paul thinks he could get it to around 190bhp with a remap, which would be a good spend of £250 ish.

Needs a service first to make sure as many ponnies are realised as possible.

Also the removal of the acoustic valve may have done something.... still not 100% convinced it's just a sound re-stricter...

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Probably because of the addition of the Maxogen.?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
a few things maybe - maxogen, acoustic valve, inlet manifold & throttle body changes will have all played a part i guess. I knew it had been doing it for a while, this confirmed it.

I should see mpg improve also with a good remap, which is a bonus.

Reaction score
An over fueling issue doesn't sound right, All the above mods should have improved air flow into the engine, more air/same fuel would cause it too run lean not rich, could you be getting a faulty reading from one of the sensors?

Chris

Reaction score
Trophy No.
480bhp.com said:
An over fueling issue doesn't sound right, All the above mods should have improved air flow into the engine, more air/same fuel would cause it too run lean not rich, could you be getting a faulty reading from one of the sensors?

Chris

Exactly what I thought, More air(in theory) burns more fuel. I have always thought that mine is running rich after the angelworks remap and inlet work which again makes no sense.

Reaction score
Just to confuse the issue when my was remapped by Chipped UK the main improvement at 6,500 plus came from more fuel iirc.

BTW Chipped UK are under new management so do not have an up to date view on them. Check with Marrow if he is happy to quote the reg no to find the file.

Reaction score
George K said:
Just to confuse the issue when my was remapped by Chipped UK the main improvement at 6,500 plus came from more fuel iirc.

BTW Chipped UK are under new management so do not have an up to date view on them. Check with Marrow if he is happy to quote the reg no to find the file.

George that's exactly what you should be doing when having a car mapped after mods, if you've increased the air flow into the engine then you'll need to increase the fueling, hence having it mapped.

If cue's was needing less fuel after the mods then either he's got a fault with a sensor reading or the mods have actually limited his engines potential :(

Be interested too see where this goes, but having it done properly at RS will no doubt give you the correct readings unlike a flash map.

Reaction score
Does the fuel/air issue explain why some exhausts tail pipes are clean whilst others are sooty?

Mine has the Chips UK re-map are always completely clean.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
it was taken using the 'zorst readouts that provide a high speed air to fuel ratio. I'm told that optimum from 4k revs is around 12.5, mines at 11.5... I thought the lower the figure the more fuel in the mixture not less, i may be wrong though.

Reaction score
I'm a little way off being in a position to have 007 remapped, need a new exhaust and induction system first, but how often are we able to do this sort of thing because that is a lot of money saved!

Also, has anyone found any great differences with a custom remap on the T's?

Reaction score
Cue said:
it was taken using the 'zorst readouts that provide a high speed air to fuel ratio. I'm told that optimum from 4k revs is around 12.5, mines at 11.5... I thought the lower the figure the more fuel in the mixture not less, i may be wrong though.

Cue, you are right, the smaller the number the richer it is,theoretical optimum is iirc 13.7 (stoichemetric). Your figure depends on whether on load or not. 12.5 is OK on load for an efficient engine, higher up the rev range may need to go to the 11.5. BTW turbos can run even richer to avoid melt down.

Reaction score
marrow said:
Does the fuel/air issue explain why some exhausts tail pipes are clean whilst others are sooty?

Mine has the Chips UK re-map are always completely clean.

and it was not before - is not just a mixture issue but also igniton timing.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
George K said:
Cue said:

Cue, you are right, the smaller the number the richer it is,theoretical optimum is iirc 13.7 (stoichemetric). Your figure depends on whether on load or not. 12.5 is OK on load for an efficient engine, higher up the rev range may need to go to the 11.5. BTW turbos can run even richer to avoid melt down.

yeh it was on full acceleration - it got as low as 11 but the mean ave was around 11.5 after 4k. pre that it was 14-14.5.

Reaction score
have to agree with shiftsparks earlier post..nobody will miss out,im booked in for next week.

footnote for cue..what chance of picking up pe2's at rs tuining next week? thou would have to come back on that one as ive already asked somebody else to get me some!