Reaction score
I've just been out and spunked loads of money on cleaning stuff, mits, polish etc. I got some of the polishing cloths which you cut up to size and then can use with polish, but the only thing is all the little threads that come off. I wish i hadn't started now.
What cloths do you guys use?

Reaction score
Only thing they dont sell is Elbow Grease.

TBH the prices of those cloths are dirt cheap, may be buying a bulk load of them.

Reaction score
I use the meguiars wax applicator pads and then remove and buff with Terry towels

I know what you mean, the cloths are very good, but need to be shaken for a few mins first!!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
My cleaning kit arrived this morning :shock:

Polisher%20Stuff.jpg

Reaction score
I keep thinking about get one of the PC kits, really want to try someones before I purcahse the kit just to see if i get on with it.

TBH the results are pretty amazing. NIK get a before and after pic up to show how good the results are.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, I will do. I've got my mums black Dynamique next week to test it out on as thats covered in swirls. Then I'll move on to the Trophy for shine up.

The polisher / pads and waxes etc cost about $300 from Autopia in the US including 24 hour international shipping. If you want one, speak to Shaun (182_blue) on Cliosport, and he'll guide you through ordering and how to get the all important discounts :D See Here

Its not cheap, but the results are going to be great. Main reason I got it was to allow me to remove the etching that was left in the paint by some bird crap on the boot and bumper last week :x

Reaction score
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT USE AN ORBITAL WAXER!!!!!!!!!! WORST THING YOU CAN EVER DO TO A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN JUST SEE THE SWIRLS FROM HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Comedy Si said:
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT USE AN ORBITAL WAXER!!!!!!!!!! WORST THING YOU CAN EVER DO TO A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN JUST SEE THE SWIRLS FROM HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rubbish. The PC is a random orbital polisher and the results speak for themselves...... under a 500W halogen lamp...

Bonnet-Inside-Masked2.gif

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, it's a random orbital polisher, good at removing swirls, and pretty much impossible to create them with it.

^^ That pic says it all really

Reaction score
don't believe it...lets jsut see what it looks like in 2 years time, comparing yours with a car hand wax in straight lines, using top quality pre-wax cleaner and top quality wax from Zymol, or Swissol, and see which looks better...

ANY polishing, or waxing, will create swirls, or marks on the paintwork. If you NEVER touched your paintwork, would it scratch????? NO! So how come this orbital polisher magically also doesn't scratch?