Reaction score
Sorry Cue I thought this was a dead thread. I'm driving quite near to the factory (which is just north of Paris) in three weeks but I'm looking for a house right now and the missus won't be too happy about me blowing £700 on an exhaust when she's stumping up all of the deposit.

ducks - The exhaust can be fitted at their workshop (this is what most of the French RS owners do), which is;

owen - here

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i didn't realise it was just north of Paris - it's only an hour from Dieppe..... why doesn't renosport offer these as upgrades... arses.

Reaction score
Do Orbisoud carry some stock or are they made to order?

I'm going to France 2nd week in July and I'm finding it very hard to resist calling in for one! Is any else intersted......wonder how many will fit in the Focus :wink:

Other than that need to take advantage of the group buy Luke has sorted for us.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Streetfighter said:
Do Orbisound carry some stock or are they made to order?

I'm going to France 2nd week in July and I'm finding it very hard to resist calling in for one! Is any else intersted......wonder how many will fit in the Focus :wink:

Other than that need to take advantage of the group buy Luke has sorted for us.

Always interested at that or thereabouts kind of price.

Reaction score
Reserve space in that focus for my exhaust! Will contribute to some fuel cost at that price too!

Reaction score
I only have a few things i need answered before I make a decision........

1. Sports cat is apparently only 100 cell not 200 as listed on web page. Will it or will it not pass MOT? Can anyone confirm?
2. Will they fit in the car? There's only me

Reaction score
It's all one piece from the manifold to the tailpipes, have a look at the OE one under your car, you can see it's longer than the cabin space - this is what put me off the idea of just picking one up. Luckily they fit them at the factory as part of the service.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve said:
It's all one piece from the manifold to the tailpipes, have a look at the OE one under your car, you can see it's longer than the cabin space - this is what put me off the idea of just picking one up. Luckily they fit them at the factory as part of the service.

Just been checking, the K-tech site shows them in two pieces.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product ... 1991&pic=5

Reaction score
So it is! I stand corrected (said the man in the orthopaedic shoes).

Still a lengthy fecker without the back box though.

Attachments

• 182_orbi_5.jpg
    182_orbi_5.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 437
Reaction score
It fits! It will reach between the two front seats and sit over the handbrake. You can still change gear with no problem.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Pop out the front seat and bob's your uncle, you can pretty much pay for the trip. :)

Reaction score
Yeah I think they could fit ok. It is sooooooo tempting, but I don't think 100 cell cats generally pass Mot so then you may aswell get decat but then it's hassle again @ mot.

Which systems are you interested in Hoolio/Theo?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes... having re-read the whole of the thread i'm now slightly confused, i thought the 100cell would pass an Mot, but is that the racing or soft and then there's the one neophyte had. Will need to do some more digging unless anyone else can clarify........

Reaction score
Well pending the result of the 100cell investigation, i would be looking at the race (loud) version ideally

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That's next :) Luke, i know you went to a lot of trouble organising the exhaust group buy but i think i've always had my heart set on an orb so if anyone can help on the different versions i'd appreciate it, my french is crap and i'm getting no-where.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
That's next :) Luke, i know you went to a lot of trouble organising the exhaust group buy but i think i've always had my heart set on an orb so if anyone can help on the different versions i'd appreciate it, my french is crap and i'm getting no-where.

I know what you mean - originally i had my heart set on an Orb too but in the end i just kept thinking 'will it really be any better than those other systems out there?' I like the fact it has ties to the Clio Cup series but really couldnt come up with a good enough reason to fork out the extra cash. I even phoned K-Tec and pretty much asked them to 'sell it' to me and tell me why i should buy this over any of their other systems and they couldnt really come up with a definitive reason either.

In digging about for info a couple of months ago my understanding was that both systems (race & soft) used a sports-cat - i would have assumed it would be the same one for both versions but could be wrong - and the only difference between them was the fact that the 'soft' version had an extra box in the system. I also believed the systems used 200cell sports cats and i'm pretty sure this is stated on Orbisoud's website and also that K-Tec told me this on the phone - maybe worth a phonecall?

Details do seem a bit sketchy and i reckon the only way to clear it all up would be for someone who speaks fairly fluent French to call them direct and get answers to everyones questions - i'm sure there must be a few people on here who could help.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks Luke this kind of confirms my original thoughts before i kinda got confused by the different names for the same version that got into the thread. You're right i could never justify the k-tec price but this price is a little too tempting.

Reaction score
Are people buying Orbisoud's purely for the sound and reputation?

Or do they give a significant power increase over other aftermarket systems available?

Orb is only 2kg lighter than the Janspeed (apparantly)