4. Cue - interested.......
5. Very interested - the quieter one for me though - I'm 34 ffs :roll: :D

Reaction score
1. RenaultSport
2. Rudi
3. OliS
4. Cue - interested.......
5. Very interested - the quieter one for me though - I'm 34 ffs
6.Michael (mc45) - interested dependant on price and when this comes off!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just a little more information so you guys know what to expect, the race version is rated at 87db and when Streetfighter picked ours up from the factory they were about £700 each, there were three of us buying. I don't think you will get it any cheaper for more units but the transport costs will come down.

Reaction score
A clip from our original thread just to be clear.................

As for the noise, it is not loud all the time, but if there is load on the engine yes it makes some noise. Loud is also down to preception, at tickover you definitely know it's there. And over the OE exhaust of course you would say it's loud. Officially it is an 95dBa system so not even as loud as your Yozza. If you're cruising around at any sensible speed limit (30-70) it's pretty quiet, like you almost forget about it, I say almost because you still know what you have. If you were using your car for long motorway commutes I would not recommend the 'race' Orb but that is not what it was designed for, there is a separate sytem for everyday road use (87dBa). I'd love to give you a demo so you can experience it first hand but you're a bit far away!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Streetfighter i got that 87db figure from one of your posts :lol: 95db sounds much more like it.

Reaction score
I miss informed in the first post, you're so quick you read it before i edited it......bet you can't find it again :wink:
What I just posted again was what I wrote afterwards :oops:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
He He.
Ditto with the test drives, don't think any of you guys are that close but if anyone is seriously interested i can take you for a spin.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Hopefully Theo will be able to demo the system for me. :)

Depending on price, when would people be interested on going ahead with this?

If we get loads interested, i bet all we will hear on a quite night is loads of tomato cars driving round with Orbs in the distance heal and toeing through roundabouts! 8)

Reaction score
That's right, 3dB higher is DOUBLE the volume. So a 95dB system is about FIVE AND A HALF TIMES louder than an 87dB system. ie. a shitload louder.

dBA, incidentally, is a weighted loudness unit that emphasizes sounds most sensitive to the human ear, around 3-6 kHz and ignores inaudible frequencies, it is far more useful in everyday situations than raw dB measurement.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I have sent an email to them asking about prices! I shall let you all know the response.

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
Depending on price, when would people be interested on going ahead with this?

Just waiting on the completion of my house sale, which hopefully will be in the next fortnight...figure now I am single and I don't have to save for a wedding etc, it's time to treat myself, and the Trophy!

Thanks for looking into this, I'm off to the 'Ring for the weekend, but I'll check this post again on my return.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Olis that was exactly my thinking :)

Barring any last minute hitches (me failing to get out of bed) i should be at RWS tomorrow (Sunday) in anyone fancies a butchers. Don't look too closely at the car it needs a bit of tlc. :oops:

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Olis that was exactly my thinking :)

Barring any last minute hitches (me failing to get out of bed) i should be at RWS tomorrow (Sunday) in anyone fancies a butchers. Don't look too closely at the car it needs a bit of tlc. :oops:

excuse my ignorence, whats RWS and where is it? :oops:

Reaction score
Trophy No.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I have received an email back from them...

As i went direct to them and not the distruibutor, they said if we get 10 people (possible?) then they will make some just for us and sell them for 945 Euro's (Normally 1006) for the sport system - This works out to be about £650ish for the race system. They have also given me a deal price for the 'soft' version and also cat-back system. however it hink it will get messy if we started ordering different systems.

What system would you all be interested in? Also, are we likly to get 10 people interested enough to hand over the money? I can post this on ClioSport.net to see if we get any more takers - it would be great if we could get the numbers! :D

Reaction score
when were you thinking of ordering them, providing we get 10 pple.?
I'm opting towards the louder version, but really wanna hear it first.
What was the price on the quieter version?

Regs

Alex

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Rudi said:
when were you thinking of ordering them, providing we get 10 pple.?
I'm opting towards the louder version, but really wanna hear it first.
What was the price on the quieter version?

Regs

Alex

The quiter one is more expensive, works out to be £712 for the extra silencer in the system.