Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I know a lot of you are interested in the system, and i must admit i'm starting to look so i thought i would get some more info.

If your ever wondering what this said on their site... Read on : )

La ligne s'adapte directement à la sortie du collecteur. Le catalyseur 400 cellules d'origine est remplacé par un catalyseur 200 cellules, un point de démontage est prévu à l'endroit du pont facilite le montage de l'ensemble. Le silencieux est issu des lignes compétition Clio cup entrée diamètre 60 et sorties 2x diamètre 45, embouts de sortie diamètre 92 s'adaptent parfaitement au spoiler. Cette ligne emmène un gain de puissance de 10 CV la souplesse du moteur est étonnante la sonorité feutrée à bas régime devient fort séduisante dans les tours tout en restant dans des normes très acceptables. La ligne est fournie avec des platines de fixation pour le silencieux et des silent blocs renforcés. Une version plus silencieuse est disponible.

(English version)

Our range connects directly to the back of the exhaust system. The original 400 cell catalyc converter is replaced by one with 200 cells. This unit will be easily mounted and removed from its bridge. The silencer is from the Clio Cup range. Entry diameter is 60 and the exit is 2x diameter 45. The 92 outlet point fits perfectly with the spoiler. These advancements increase the power by 10 BHP. The versatility of the engine is astonishing, the controlled engine sound at low revs becomes ever more powerful as the revs increase without becoming overbearing. The range comes with platinum braquets and reinforced silencer linings. A more quiet silencer is also available.

Hope some of you find it useful! Now go buy one!!! :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd recommend one of these to anyone,I'm loving mine, but the extra 10BHP is frankly bollocks.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
What version did you go for? I was looking to change my current Janspeed for one, just not sure on price or sound however i do want something louder then the Janspeed :twisted:

Reaction score
hoolio said:
I'd recommend one of these to anyone,I'm loving mine, but the extra 10BHP is frankly bobcats.

Ditto. Fantastic, at the time, or even now wouldn't have gone for anything else. We all have the 'race' systems which is 200 cell cat and single rear silencer.

Hampshire isn't too far from France, pop over and get one. I ordered ours 3 weeks before I picked them up and they were there packaged waiting for me.

As for noise, they aren't too bad.........sometimes you wouldn't know it was there........sometimes it's a bit noisy. Best advice is to hear one. Don't want to volunteer him for anything but Theo isn't a million miles from you, he was another owner I got one for. As for price, i'm afraid it depends, you could look on K Tec site but that's not what I paid :wink:

Reaction score
how much louder is the orb compared to the original exhaust. I'm not sure as to which one to buy, silenced or not?

cheers

Alex

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Are you all secretly sales men for them? :)

I was thinking of selling the Trophy soon till i saw sense! Now i'm thinking of spending some £'s on it :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Alex, it's fairly pointless saying it's a lot louder (i don't know about the one with the middle box) and in terms of db is not much more than the reno one, it's just totally different. Like i said i would recommend it to anyone but i'd also recommend that anybody who is thinking about one have a test drive first.

Reaction score
Re: Orbisoud - detailed info about 2 versions

Renaultsport said:
The range comes with platinum braquets

:shock: Wouldn't be my choice of material, extremely high heat conductivity, denser than Lead, more expensive than Gold and softer than toffee. :lol:

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Alex, it's fairly pointless saying it's a lot louder (i don't know about the one with the middle box) and in terms of db is not much more than the reno one, it's just totally different. Like i said i would recommend it to anyone but i'd also recommend that anybody who is thinking about one have a test drive first.

Cheers mate :wink:

Reaction score
Great piece of kit, but as Hoolio said, have a test drive first to see what you think of the sound! It was louder than i expected it to be, but i am used to it now!

Reaction score
Im not sure which version I got on mine (as it came with the car when i bought it), but its pretty damn loud and im fairly sure its the more "hardcore" race version. I would be very interested to see how this compares to other peoples Orbs. But still, driving this in town gives harmonys like no other exhausts!

Reaction score
If you look underneath the car and there's only a can with a wire going to it (sports cat) and one rear box with the 2 tail pipes coming from it then you've got the race version :lol:

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
theo said:
Great piece of kit, but as Hoolio said, have a test drive first to see what you think of the sound! It was louder than i expected it to be, but i am used to it now!

Would it be possible to meet up sometime so i can hear one? As i'm just down the road from you!

If i like it, would anyone be interested in a group buy at some point? :roll:

Reaction score
Yeh sure mate! I am out and about most evenings and around at the weekends! Give me a pm or something!

Reaction score
If i like it, would anyone be interested in a group buy at some point? :roll:[/quote]

I deffo would (tupw)

Reaction score
:-k ...tempted, I'll be watching this thread with interest! :D

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Just so i can get an idea on possible interests before i email asking for pricing etc:

1. RenaultSport
2. Rudi
3. OliS

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Just an idea as well, if we do go ahead with this i will look at the cost of hiring a van and get them one weekend to save courier costs. We could all just chip in for van hire/derv, it will work out less then courier after all.