Reaction score
Hi Guys , well have only just got my very first Renault Sport and it's number 451. I have driven lots of fast Clio's over the years and was looking for a reasonably priced Clio for trackdays and a little bit of agile fun. I have always loved the look of the Trophy and even though I am a VAG man I have always been blown away by just how quick these cars are around the track.

Here is a pic :
8.jpg

I am heavily into the VAG performance car scene but really wanted something small and chuckable compared to my modded TT V6 and my 350BHP S3.
P1000597.jpg
P1000549.jpg

The Clio has come with mix and match tyres so I will be looking to change to four new ones soon. I have used Yokohama Advan Neova ADO8's in the past and on my S3 so wondered if anyone has used them on there Trophy ??

Cheers

Neil

Reaction score
Hi Neil. Welcome to the forum. I'm in Wisbech, so not too far from you. Good to see another local(ish) owner on here.

Reaction score
Neil, there's a whole thread on tyre choice on here somewhere. I (like you) bought my T for trackdays, (was doing too many in my 997!) and opted for a set of 15" rims with R888's keeping the std 16" rims with PE2's for the small amount of road work I do in the Clio. 3 sets of Toyo's later I'm trying some Federals - similar tyre to the 888 but definitely a bit harder compound, it's been a bit cold since fitting them so can't properly compare at the moment - will update the forum when I've tried them some more. Never used Advans on the T.

Reaction score
Welcome mate. Car looks tidy!

With regard to tyres people like stiff side walls on the T. This is the main criticism of the new michelins! The AD08's have a stiff sidewall so should be pretty good. Also Dunlops are similar if you can get decent ones and the Hankook V1 I think it is are always highly rated.

Reaction score
Yeah I have used the AD08's a few times now and they are very stiff in the sidewall department. Awesome dry weather tyres with cracking track ability too. So may get some ordered soon as.

Reaction score
Welcome. Nice looking cars, especially the TT.

I'm also looking at a set of AD08s when the spring comes around as I think they'll suit the car. Bit pricey though at around £130 a tyre.

Did you use them in the wet?

Reaction score
They will probably be better than A048's in the wet! Lol. They are pricey but there is a guy on CS who has them on a 197 and uses the car daily and a couple track days who has seen 12k out of a set! Which makes them pretty good value I think.

Reaction score
I have used AD08's on my previous 350BHP TT Quattro Sport and that was a daily driver , never really had any issues at all and also run them on my S3 with the same power. You have to tread a little careful in freezing weather but they are excellent in the wet considering what they are made for. I am doing a trackday this Saturday in the S3 so that should be fun if it's still freezing !!

Also Camskill do the 205/45/16 AD08 for £113 inc VAT.