s1d

Reaction score
Hi

Just made this post on CS forum and someone suggested I make the post here.

Any way I am trying to track down the previous owner of a 182 Trophy, reg no. RK55 WTZ, the car is damaged and being sold by the insurance company.

Any help appreciated.

thanx

s1d

Reaction score
yep it sounds like the one i am looking at, have contacted the owner, well previous owner. lets see what feedback i get

thanx

s1d

Reaction score
you have to place bids on it, final bids to be made on wed 28th.

Reaction score
Ahh I see - is it an online bid?

Just very curious as to what it may go for (considering the front springs are dead).

Recaro's would make great salvage! :)

O.

Day

Reaction score
I would imagine replacing the Sachs dampers are going to be a nightmare seeing as renault don't even seem to be able to get them.

s1d

Reaction score
just hope i can get my hands on it but i want to find out what the exact damage is before i can place a decent bid on it. anyway will keep you guys updated wether i get it or not.

Reaction score
s1d - do you mind saying who is selling it?

I understand if you prefer not to say :)

Cheers
O.

s1d

Reaction score
the car is up in Avonmouth at a storage yard that works on behalf of the large insurance companies...

Attachments

• 101_0168.JPG
    101_0168.JPG
    535.8 KB · Views: 14

s1d

Reaction score
Thanx for the reply strike, will let you know how i get on. I bought a 172 cup early on this year with the view of keeping it but finances were needed elsewhere so it had to go, will be well happy if i can get this one. :lol:

s1d

Reaction score
oh yeh, than i can get the third star and be a proud owner of a trophy even if it is the most battered one arround :wink:

Reaction score
You're intending to fix it? I thought you only wanted it for parts!!

I think if it was a write off then the insurance company has deemed it more economical to pay out and purchase a new one than to fix the old one. Don't forget these big boys (the insurance companies..) have lots of experience making these decisions and know where to save money when they can...

Furthermore it would be nearly impossible to ever sell on...

Tread carefully!
O.

s1d

Reaction score
it would be too much to break for spares, and i am guessing most of the parts are the same as the 172 and 182's. and looking at the damage it does not look that bad, engine and g box seem fine. susp is 50/50 and the only main area of concern. will have to give this some thought

Reaction score
s1d... straight fact for you: if the car was cheaper to repair than to replace then in all probability this is what the insurance company would have done.

If not the insurance company would lose money, and they certainly are not in the business to do that ;)

My personal opinion: get a repairer (preferably Renault) to give you a quote to get the car to within 99.9% of its original glory - which they have to stick to (make them give you a binding quote). Then you know where you stand and won't have any surprises - and can bid on the car accordingly.

When you've done that, consider the difference to buy a used one, consider the fact that it will lose another 20% or more based upon the Cat D rating when you come to sell (compared to a similar unscathed model) and the personal knowledge of knowing the car is unlikely to drive the way it originally did.

You can then arrive at your preferred 'bid' price for the auction - and stick to it!! It will have to be really cheap to be worth your while if the above estimates are what I have in mind (esp. depreciation at sale time).

Sorry - just hoping to help you establish the true ownership cost. I think you can still get a bargain - it will depend heavily on (a) the final bid price and (b) the ability of a repair garage to give you a quote they will stick to if you win the car.

Cheers mate - and keep us up-to-date!!!

Oliie