Reaction score
Has a similar problem as someone else did on here, going down a hill, nothing i could do :(

Attachments

• 2013-03-24 08.56.05.jpg
    2013-03-24 08.56.05.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 235
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bad news but on the plus side looks like it's only bumper damage, what it's there for at the end of the day :(

Reaction score
need a new track rod end, possible wish bone, the front drives wheel is at a different angel to the other one

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Oh, not so cosmetic then. So easily done, on the way to work yesterday morning, was slushy but ok, passed a guy standing by the side of a straight bit of road. It appeared his car was an exact upside down fit into the ditch on the side of the road. No idea how he got out.

Reaction score
Savage mate, at least you are alright, just think it could of been a lot worse!! Wishbones are easy to change as well, subframe might be bent but even that's only a few hours job, hope you get it sorted quickly man!!

Reaction score
spoke to my local garage about it, and they wont touch it, they said there could be more underlying problems with it, getting it sent to an insurance approved garage

so its getting picked up today, find out what needs doing to do it :(

Reaction score
HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

been on the phone........

£3200 repair bill!!!!!!!

still waiting to find out if it will get authorized:(

Reaction score
HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

£3200 repair bill!!!!!!!

£3200?! For what exactly?! It doesnt look anywhere near that bad in the picture!

Reaction score

£3200 repair bill!!!!!!!

If you've gone through the insurance they will write that off lol.

Just buy another 1*2 for a grand, swop the bits over and flog the rest.

Will end up costing you nothing after you make profit selling all the other bits off!!

Reaction score
I echo what Dave has said, the car will be written off as that cost is well above 50% of the trade guide values which is what insurance companies use. Normally if no car hire is involved the 50% mark is pretty much cut off, if a car hire is used then cost of that adds up to overall payout and even if cost is nearer 40% of value once the car hire is factored in it's written off for quick result. Though sure someone with vastly more knowledge than my very limited amount can verify this.

Though I'd ask for an itemisation of the costs to work out if you can fix yourself as suggested.

I don't know the ramifications of it now that the insurance company are aware of the car being in an accident, if it's possible to rescind the request to them to arrange a quote for repair, & therefore not receive any money from them if it is then registered as a write off, but the question may need asked as ultimately if it's registered it will never be worth the same.

Reaction score
Cat C :mad:

going to talk to the engineer tomorrow, wanna try and convince them to repair it somehow :D

Gutted for you!! Just cancel the claim & fix it yourself, really doesnt look that bad at all!!

Remember the garage will need to use brand new parts from Renault, which bump the price up, you wont have to ...

Reaction score
looks like they might be repairing it now, will hear more tomorrow

looks the engineer quoted me book price for a 182 sport not a trophy.......

so now they have seen what they sell for, fingers crossed :D