Reaction score
Hello folks, just came across the site today. Brilliant site!

I am pretty keen to get back to my hot hatch roots and hopefully get lined up
with a Trophy. Problem is I live in Aberdeen and any cars for sale are way south of
the border!

If anyone has a Trophy in and around Aberdeen or even in the Edinburgh area I'd really appreciate the chance to have a quick look at one in the flesh properly before i start making big trips down south.

Many thanks

Dave 07977 936782

Reaction score
Scots Trophy Hunt

Hi Dave, try and find 'aberdeencraig' on this forum as he has one for sale (may be sold though!) If not jump on a plane to Gatwick and I'll pick you up. You'll be sold on one by the time you get out this end :) Would be a good run home too...

Reaction score
brilliant thanks for that folks... i will try and email aberdeen craig.

Reaction score
OliS said:
Just seen this Trophy for sale on eBay in Falkirk - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-RENAULT-CLIO ... dZViewItem

Might be worth checking out. :D

Unless he gets a mate to bid up the price for him that may end up being the cheapest used Trophy sold yet (not counting the wrecked one). Woulda thought at least some reserve (say £11500?) woulda been set. Of course can always do the end early trick if the price isn't right. If I was in the market for one that'd be the one I'd be tracking.

Reaction score
thks for that, looks interesting.

on another note.... i am thinking about maybe a 182 (with cup packs) as an alternative to a trophy as im a bit worried those recaros might get a bit sore / be a bit unforgiving on a long drive ??!! any thoughts would be great...

Reaction score
I've not had a normal 182, but must say the Recaros would be a must if I was to buy one. They are very comfortable and probably more so that the standard seats.

Reaction score
Agreed, the Recaro's are fantastic no matter how many miles you do. My folks live in Cornwall, so I drive the 500 miles there and back quite regularily and I don't have one bad word to say about the seats. Recaro are one of the best seat manufacturers in the world, they put a lot of research into the ergonomics of their seats.

hyb

Reaction score
Yep deffo agree there. I went up to London on thursday and back the same day. it felt just as comfy after 4 hours as it did when I got in. Great drive coming back at 1:30am, hardly any cars on the way home, i'd say the perfect motorway crusing limit is 4,500 in 5th :D