Reaction score
Just wandering if anyone knows what a 55 plate Trophy is worth with 3500miles on the clock. The car is mint and has only been driven by the wife. I would appreciate any ideas on how much its worth trade and private

Reaction score
ud get about 10 grand for a trade in maybe 11 at a push , private though i recon they should be still holding the 13k fuckin better be , just desperados that let them go for silly money which inturn lowers the value , most dealers still looking for the 13.5 k mark for them with under 5000 miles .

hyb

Reaction score
I'd say around £12.5 - £13k privately

You'll get some people say you'll never get that as most people will want to buy off a dealer but I don't think thats true with this car.

personally I'd prefer to buy off the previous 1 owner, know that he's looked after it and not just bought it cos they liked the colour.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
well had mine in autotrader over for about a week at 11995 and had no firm offers - just dealers saying -' will you take 11k mate....'

mines got 4.9k on it and is unmarked too - if you want to sell quick try 11.3 - 11.5K

Matt

Thinking of reducing mine - but if i dont get 11.5k then i'm gonna keep the little rascal

Reaction score
Hi, I sent you a PM on the subject, hopefully you received it, you're welcome to contact me. Regards, Steve.

Reaction score
Discretion is the better part of valour :) This has nothing to do with what I pay for them, but one 55 Plate would appear to have sold on eBay for £10600 (damn!) and I know of someone who turned up with £12000 cash and bought another super low mileage one that I had agreed (at the time) to pay that for. Quite honestly the prices are all over the place, which probably has something to do with the fact that dealers sold them new, even 55 plates, from between £13300 to £15500 - therefore some people can afford to sell them for less than others and have had the same vfm. Knowing when to get out of a market is as important as when to get in - I'm thinking it's becoming pretty volatile with a few more becoming available. i.e niche cars = many owners in a short period. *Mind wandering forward to Clio 197*

Reaction score
I was thinking that it would still be worth around 13k to be honest, I mean this is just like a brand new car, . Guess its just finding the rite buyer

Reaction score
I just made the some post in another thread, but if all the owners worked together we could ensure that there was only ever 1 Trophy for sale at any time and push the price up!

In my opinion the fact that there are only 500 numbered cars can only help to keep their value as high as possible!

In a few years they will all be in the hands of collectors/enthusiasts and the prices will start to go up eg. Lotus Exige S1

Reaction score
£11.995 is the max these will go for atm imo.

and for that it would have to be totally mint.

Reaction score
I think the geez up top is more sensible with £11k private and £10-11k trade. You'd be silly to reject an offer of around £11k but you guys keep doing it..........means I'm gonna wait until they are £10k all day long and then have a choice to choose from. '55 or '05 whatever the miles, £13k is way too much for a sooped up shopping trolley which has an owner on the log book.

Reaction score
Bliss......someone who posted has picked up a '05 car from a DEALER........and at £11495 with 8k on the clock.........they'll have never paid more than £10k for that car trade...........the noise of money dropping off the underside of Trophy's is getting louder.

Reaction score
182pilot said:
Bliss......someone who posted has picked up a '05 car from a DEALER........and at £11495 with 8k on the clock.........they'll have never paid more than £10k for that car trade...........the noise of money dropping off the underside of Trophy's is getting louder.

Well if you can find me one for £10000 trade before i pick it up on wednesday i'll cancel my order . Anyway i'd rather pay that now than wait 2 years and buy one thats had 4 owners and being thrashed to death !

Reaction score
Just seen this on autotrader;

2005 05 Reg Renault Clio 2.0 Trophy Renault Sport 182 16v 13638 miles, £13,995.

:shock:

Reaction score
Anything is worth worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. Those who wish to wait will always be able to grab a bargain if they see it. Those who don't can enjoy their cars from now. What's the big deal over paying a bit more - and probably bagging a nice condition car with low miles and owners? A lower than average depreciating car sounds good to me.

Attachments

• T wheel.jpg
    T wheel.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 3

hyb

Reaction score
that last one is over priced for sure. I paid less than that brand new as a lot of us did. £12k is a fair price i'd say

Reaction score
My point being that your car is only worth what someone will pay........so talk up a trophy for £12-13k but the reality is much much lower and dropping each month.