Reaction score
hi guys, my trophy alarm has been playing up and beeps for 30 sec after arming, took it into the sealers today and they have said the sensor for the alarm under the bonnet is broke and this is not covered under the warrenty? is this right

they also said the seats are not standard, and the seats have stoped sliding, when lifting the side handle to let people into the back, i have told them they are standard and are now looking into it to see if came with the car

so where do i stand with the alarm sensor as they are after 35 quid for a new sensor, then plus fitting

cheers andy

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sound like the usual bunch of Reno muppets, just take it elsewhere, if they are Recaro's they are standard and there is a well know fault regarding the runners that a decent dealer should be able to sort under warranty.
Ditto the alarm problem.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Andy, post up which dealership they are - they should be named and shamed....

It's making me angry just thinking about this.....

As julz said if they Recaro's they are standard. Talk to them like they are the *****s they are. The alarm problem is likely to be a 5 min fix - a couple of wires hidden behind the cup holders need changing. This seems to cure the problem a lot of people have reported with their alarms.

I just wished Reno listened to customer complaints and did something about their dire dealership network.

Reaction score
i had a prob with my alarm and the fact it would randomly go off and beep extra on locking it!

Sorted by local dealer in Reading, Wire had come loose so a quick tighten and all was sorted. No problems from then!

Reaction score
I can highly recommend Wylam Renault Garage , just off the A69. I live in Alnwick so he is not my nearest dealer, but I have used him for the last 3 years. I had a rattle on the passengers seat (from the runners). It was taken out for a quick test drive, the owner made a few adjustments to no avail and promptly ordered some new runners, which are now in ready for me to get fitted. It is not the nearest to Teeside but not that far away. I would rate decent service over location. Have attached link for you;

http://www.wylamgarage.co.uk/renault/default.aspx

Reaction score
I ve had same problem all over North East with Benfield and Evans Halshaw. I ve even wrote a letter of complaint about the car and all Renault did was send a letter back saying thank you for my concerns!!

I can recommend the guy up at Wylam went their last week to order a couple of parts know it is out the way but what can you do!!

When I took mine into Benfield about the seat being loose they said it was normal!! Christ o mighty!

My driver door is catching the bodywork yet door is aligned exactly. Wont fix as it is an adjustment to the black trim, guy at Wylam said he''ll try his best to sort it out when I collect parts next week.

Just as note my Dad has an Audi TT and it developed a rattle last week! How gay a flippin rattle!! Took it in to his Audi garage took it off him straight away to sort out, gave him a top of the range S - line vorchspriungtiicckinyoy Tdi thing and had TT delivered to his work at 2 today fully repaired. Now thats service.

Reaction score
Andy was it Evans Halshaw in Middlesbrough? All the little chavs who work there were creaming over the Trophy last time she went in - doesnt fill me with confidence!

If it is the bonnet sensor, of course its a warranty job, its a failed part

Reaction score
Glad i live near L'boro the guys there are great.

Never had anything questioned & i've had allsorts done.

Like the suspension mod from Fred at yozzasport, they now use this themselves.

Or the seat runners just phoned & told them it was rattling, told them the cure, bits ordered job done.

172, had st wheel, exhausts etc etc.

Renault if your watching why are not all places the same?????????