Reaction score
Just bought Trophy No 237 from Allvehicles.

Pick it up on Tuesday.

Traded in my Elise 111r and have to say i can't wait to get my mitts on the Trophy!

Car was absolutely immaculate and Steve was really helpful and easy to get on with.

No doubt i'll be on here a bit from now on!

Karl.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the hellos so far! This is what its all about!

Dave, know the Trophy is THE hot hatch so will be modding carefully! Have heard theres a brake upgrade which transforms the car. Info? Also will be modding exhaust and induction in time, any suggestions?

The Elise was serously rapid but i really want to get back into a front driver again! Maybe its my driving style but i feel much more secure than in a rear wheel drive car.

As for track days, did enough in the Liz so will no doubt be doing some in the Clio! Any Trophy/182 specific days? Will be doing the Ring next year and it will be interesting to compare between the Lotus there! I don't think there will be too much between them. The Lotus' handling was sublime but i can't say i was ever totally comfortable with it.

Want to get involved in meets etc so you'll probably be seeing/hearing from me! (Don't tell the boss!)

Thanks in advance for any info.

Karl.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
there's tons of info on here about mods - 99% of which is performance not appearance orientated: brakes, 'zorst, induction, weight reduction etc etc.

Reaction score
Cue said:
there's tons of info on here about mods - 99% of which is performance not appearance orientated: brakes, 'zorst, induction, weight reduction etc etc.

Don't really think theres much to do to the appearance. Is the standard exhaust pretty "vocal". Don't want anything too loud (wanna be able to track it) just want to give it a bit more "rortyness". Is that a word?!?

Reaction score
The exhaust options are endless - so many to choose from. As Cue said there is massive amounts of info about performance mods on here.

Brakes are possibly the weak spot of the car - I'm sure some upgraded discs,pads and fluid will sort you right out!

I agree with you about the appearance of the car, not really something that should be fettled with - possibly a carbon fibre front splitter (I think they look sweet)

Reaction score
DaveTrophy said:
The exhaust options are endless - so many to choose from. As Cue said there is massive amounts of info about performance mods on here.

Brakes are possibly the weak spot of the car - I'm sure some upgraded discs,pads and fluid will sort you right out!

I agree with you about the appearance of the car, not really something that should be fettled with - possibly a carbon fibre front splitter (I think they look sweet)

Where can you find such a splitter? Grateful for such info!

Karl.

Attachments

• Trophy3.jpg
    Trophy3.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 249
Reaction score
Aye the renault one is fecking useless!!

I think I may get carbon fibre supposedly just couple of drill holes needed and that's it.

Reaction score
artdealer said:
Re Splitter: It's the same shape and size. I prob wouldn't bother changing it unless it was broken tho. Put the £ as 30% towards the brakes.

Yeah good point. I've mentioned the brakes on here. What was the spec again? Whats wrong with the standard ones then?

Karl.

Reaction score
I ve never really experienced any problems but when they need replacing I will probably fit the brembo/ferrodo kit that yozzasport are currently running at 190.

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
I ve never really experienced any problems but when they need replacing I will probably fit the brembo/ferrodo kit that yozzasport are currently running at 190.

Why's that? Better pedal feel? More progressive?

Reaction score
Yeah, I find that when you've been driving quite hard there is a lot of fade.

But in all honesty I am only upgrading becuase it's been reccomended on here!

Reaction score
Hey, get the trophy tomorrow morning and have the day off to enjoy it so will let you know what i think. Slight understatement to say i'm excited and remember, I'm getting out of an Elise! Says a lot about the Clio!