Reaction score
Alex is quite a chap - he had a rear engined 5 turbo - lovely car until he totalled it at Werrington Hill climb, earlier in the year - fortunately no harm to him at all - lucky it was LHD, as the RHS was flattened - throttle stuck open.

As an aside quess you may well be able to run the RS2's at track tyre pressures - Kumho recommended 26/24 for the V70a's - and I never had cause to change.

Reaction score
George K said:
Alex is quite a chap - he had a rear engined 5 turbo - lovely car until he totalled it at Werrington Hill climb, earlier in the year - fortunately no harm to him at all - lucky it was LHD, as the RHS was flattened - throttle stuck open.

As an aside quess you may well be able to run the RS2's at track tyre pressures - Kumho recommended 26/24 for the V70a's - and I never had cause to change.

He showed me his 5 when I first went there, lovely car. He kept quiet about crashing it though. Sounds like he had a lucky escape. He also has a Mk1 V6 Clio, so I guess you could call him an enthusiast :D

Good heads up on the tyre pressures, as I was wondering where to start with them. They are at 32/30 now.

Reaction score
Sounds like I'll be getting a full set of these when the time comes. Been meaning to for ages but finding them when you need them doesn't seem too easy. Where did you buy them?

Thanks for the review,
Luke.

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
Sounds like I'll be getting a full set of these when the time comes. Been meaning to for ages but finding them when you need them doesn't seem too easy. Where did you buy them?

Thanks for the review,
Luke.

I bought them from mytyres, but were relatively expensive at GBP 92 delivered. Camskils had a container on the way, expected end November, so if you can wait, it's worthwhile as I think they are doing them at GBP 65 ish. Probably best to call them and see about the container as they have been messed about by Hankook on it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
MMmm, this is food for thought, whats the price on these again? look forward to further updates.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i got mine back yesterday after identical changes to vamos, although i've got Toyo T1R's on - my thoughts....

The handling is now back to box fresh. I'd forgotton how good the car felt until yesterday, the front dampers on my replacement pair must also be shot.

The tyres are now the weak link - on my test track I lost the back end in an off camber left hander. Managed to catch it and was a nice playful moment but I wouldn't have lost it at the speed i was doing with pe2's on... having travelled the road on tons of occasions i can say his with authority.

Either way, the firmness and taughtness that the car now has is immense, plus the remap has given it more urgency.

Reaction score
Cue said:
i got mine back yesterday after identical changes to vamos, although i've got Toyo T1R's on - my thoughts....

The handling is now back to box fresh. I'd forgotton how good the car felt until yesterday, the front dampers on my replacement pair must also be shot.

The tyres are now the weak link - on my test track I lost the back end in an off camber left hander. Managed to catch it and was a nice playful moment but I wouldn't have lost it at the speed i was doing with pe2's on... having travelled the road on tons of occasions i can say his with authority.

Either way, the firmness and taughtness that the car now has is immense, plus the remap has given it more urgency.

Great innit?

We should start a separate thread on damper settings F/R! Going to be a lot of fun finding best road/track/comfort combinations =D>

Reaction score
I don't think Cue had the MF setup fitted but I could be mistaken? I like to have the fronts at around 26 clicks from soft and the rears between 1 and 1.5 turns from soft. I often soften up the dampers if I'm taking passengers though (especially rear). Once you have driven it with them firm it just doesn't feel good soft. Probably similar to Matt's comments about running RS2's and then going off PE2's. Its great to have the choice to set it up how you want it and have the front and rear balanced!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
no id didnt go for the MF springs, the dampers alone have made a big difference.

When the road get a bit dryer i'm going to do some experimental testing with various damper settings and tyre combinations.

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
I don't think Cue had the MF setup fitted but I could be mistaken? I like to have the fronts at around 26 clicks from soft and the rears between 1 and 1.5 turns from soft. I often soften up the dampers if I'm taking passengers though (especially rear). Once you have driven it with them firm it just doesn't feel good soft. Probably similar to Matt's comments about running RS2's and then going off PE2's. Its great to have the choice to set it up how you want it and have the front and rear balanced!

I have now tried F25 R1.5 and that is a great setting for all but the worst B roads. On my private litle hill climb (Cheddar Gorge at night) the overall level of grip on dry but cold road was unbeliavable, easily more than my courage to push harder. I literally was unable to induce understeer (or oversteer for that matter). I think I need a race track...

It drives very flat at these settings too. Comparable to my Impreza on KW Clubsport suspension with 24mm ARBs.

Reaction score
Forgot to add, I have dropped tyre pressures to 28/26. This seems to work very well.

Reaction score
vamos said:
Forgot to add, I have dropped tyre pressures to 28/26. This seems to work very well.

I ran my 197's tyres about 4/5 psi less than book with no problems, possibly due to stiffer sidewalls.
The grip is fantastic so much so i spent several weekends on my local route pushing more & more.

Reaction score
I agree, the car feels great with less roll and less pitch under braking. I can't wait to try the RS2's. I might have to get some for my spare set of wheels as my Michelins are in good health and I'm not doing any miles at the moment! I know the car feels so much different when you change from PE2's to either track tyres (great) or going the other way to winter tyres (awful but comfy). Might as well take the passenger seats out too as no-one will want a ride it it :D

Cue, have you fitted revalved Koni's on the rear with standard springs? This is how the T should have come. Everyone who plays with their front damper settings should consider this, at least when the standard rears are shot. Just adjusting the fronts can make the car unbalanced. I really noticed it after driving someone elses car (R32) and then getting back into mine. I was straight on the phone to Mark Fish :D

Reaction score
Good to hear Cue. Glad your impressed. As I said before, they seem to have a good range of adjustment from relatively comfortable to firm. I changed the springs at the same time so it's difficult to judge how much the rear Koni's add.