Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First of all, here's a J-Cloth for you to wipe up the cornflakes that you may have just spat out at seeing the price, but bear with me. This car has all the desirable expensive modifications that make this Trophy pretty much how Renault could have produced the car off the bat. More power, better brakes, improved exhaust and note, in fact think R26 vs R26.R and the final product does have better brakes, faster than R26 (lighter) and with the Ti exhaust a grandstand exhaust system. Neither were they shy about the price. One persistent complaint I have had from enthusiasts test driving Trophys is the effectiveness of the brakes. This issue has been put to bed here.

This car is taxed until May, and I currently have it at the workshop for 36K service, Aux and Cam belt. I'll also fit a new K-Tec front splitter as the existing one is cracked.

There is so much added value over regular Trophys that I cannot move much on the price, apart from a usual goodwill gesture, or p/x over-allowance. Given what I have recently seen certain Clio Trophys sell for privately with no warranty or facilities (e.g. patchy condition or with No Service History) it's cheap. Ditto how easy it is to sell a similarly cared for Megane Trophy for this price, and that is really just a 225 with Cup Wheels and Chassis with different colour trim.

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Trophy 095/500. One private mature car enthusiast owner.
T22PHY Cherished Plate est. value £500-£750 (you could sell this once you are reg’d keeper, but should stay with car really)
37800m - below average annual mileage,
FSH – 36k Cam Belt and Aux Belt replaced.
K-Tec Group N Remap
ITG Maxogen Induction System
Blue Flame Stainless Cat Back Exhaust
Braided Brake Hoses
Brembo Grooved Front Discs
Cross Drilled Rear Discs
Four recent OE fit Michelin Pilot Exaltos
New K-Tec Splitter
K-Tec Carbon Fibre Engine Cover
Wiper Stalk Mod
i-Pod Connector, speakers may be upgraded, they sound good.

A tally on the K-Tec website and other parts would add up to £1500-£1700 upgrades plus the number plate.

Sachs Dampers in excellent condition and working correctly.
Unmarked interior, Recaros in perfect order.
Trophy Carpet Mats, Rubber mat in boot from new
Unmarked Speedline alloys

Offered at £8984 with 3m Warranty. Finance available subject to acceptance, part exchange possible.

I hope this very quick and sorted example goes to someone who appreciates the specification and provenance, maybe with the intention of keeping it 10-20 years like some of the Clio 2.0 Williams and 5GT Turbo owners. It’s a keeper this one, and should be in the Clio Trophy line ups at Renault events. Pictures when back and valeted – hopefully the weather will improve. But it looks like all the rest, don’t miss it! E&oe.

Ps, I’d like to keep this one as I have sold so many special cars I should have kept. One owner or mint low miles Clio Williams, 106 Rallye LHD, Impreza P1, RB5, Honda Integra DC2, highly modified DC5 – but keeping the cars is not in the business plan. In 2003 I promised myself a GT3 RS in 2013 and I can’t say I’m even on track for that!

Reaction score
Well if you're hoping to get close to £9k for this one, I'd be looking for £10k for mine!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nothing more than I would put mine up for, probably a bit less in fact. How I wish I'd picked up one of those "bargains" about a year ago.

Reaction score
Sorry but whats so fab about it??

Am I missing something cos I'm pretty sure mine is much better.

Reaction score
PB.283 said:

That's the spirit!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
PB.283 said:

Not picking on you only but how many Trophy's have you guys actually driven, seen whatever? I think Steve is more than qualified to say what is a good one and what's not.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
PB.283 said:

Not picking on you only but how many Trophy's have you guys actually driven, seen whatever? I think Steve is more than qualified to say what is a good one and what's not.

fair comment but I have seen loads of trophies in my time and I know mine is good too! 21k, 4 oil changes, permagard (is that right Colin?) for 3 years, now been machined and covered with zymol concours and mechanically spot on!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Its not about top trumps though is it? Besides I'd win that ;-). It goes back to what someone else said a week or so back about talking down other peoples cars and in particular the price. Its of no benefit to any of us on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.