Reaction score
Would rather not post another Trophy for sale thread, but due to a move I have to sell 154/500. As these threads tend to degenerate into whether the car is over or underpriced I'm not listing one :) I was hoping to sell the car to a work mate, but he opted for a Mini Cooper S instead... can you believe that :wink: To save someone going through 150 posts on the Clio forum the car's history is as follows.

I got it new/pre-reg'd from a garage in Beverely outside Hull in October last year and have put on 15100 enjoyable miles since then. Apart from trips to Bruges and Normandy the majority of miles have been done going up and down the M1 from Luton to Watford for work. I ran the car in for the first 1000 miles, keeping it under 4k revs and 80 mph. I took it to a carlimits 'training day' at an airfield in expectance of taking it on trackdays, but in the end money and time conspired against me and I never got it on track. I've had the ubiquitous Permagard treatment and it really is good. The shine is still real good and it does clean easy. There are some stone chips as a result of the miles and annoyingly there's 2 car park scuffs from inconsiderate idiots which I woulda been getting sorted out before going for my Permagard top up in the Spring, I've included photos of them below.

The car has never been smoked in, no pets in it and the back seats have mainly been for show. The car has never been in an accident or anything untoward. I've exclusively used premium unleaded (80% Shell optimax/vpower 20% Tesco 99) except one tank of regular when Buncefield blew up and supplies were limited for a few days.
I've got a Full Renault Service History, all the manuals, 2 keys, foam for the tyres,Permagard kit, 1 litre of Silkolene, Capsicum touch up pen, Emergency kit and a handy glove box sized AA road map book.

If you wanna see it in the mettle than I'm working from home right now so my schedule is flexible for having someone come by to take a look at it or meeting up somewhere any day except Sundays. I'm based in Luton, Beds and don't mind a leisurely drive to somewhere in between assuming we're not too terribly far apart.

th_63428_Copy_of_DSCN3322_122_532lo.jpgth_63436_DSCN3558_122_347lo.jpgth_63441_DSCN3559_122_324lo.jpg
th_63452_DSCN3561_122_492lo.jpg

I think I've included everything, but if you are genuinely interested and have any questions about the car or price or wanna see the car please let me know.
PM me or email dallasbryan@gmail.com

Thanks,
Dallas

Reaction score
I'm so hesitant to post it, I put it in the wrong section :oops:
Can a mod please move this for me? Thanks :)

Reaction score
moved into Cars and Car Related Items for you :wink:

Had no idea you are realtively local to me then, in terms of where you live and work!!

I saw it on ebay last week but guess you didn't get to the reserve price?

Incidentally, you don't mention price in the thread!

Reaction score
Nice post duffer, have a free bump on me, very honest and good idea not posting the price, not that we get them on here (well, apart from me) but you should have seen the posts of some complete twat on Renaultsport when Kirsty put her's up for £11K. Everyone who knows about the cars said it was an excellent price. People who regularly post their unlearned opinions should shoot themselves...

click...BANG!

Reaction score
Gareth: Thanks for moving it for me. I used eBay to shift my 172, its good for getting prospects and then selling offline, but as many tyre kickers as proper leads this time around. Going on the spotted section there does seem to be quite a few Trophies in the 3 counties. Seems the A41/M25 junction area is always a popular spot :wink:
Ollie: Ya, I'd really rather not but I'm only selling up cause I'm moving back to Canada. If there was any Renault presence back home I might take it with me, but I'll have to settle with changing to an RSX, GTI or maybe even a 350z when I get home :wink:
Steve: That Kirsty post was exactly what I was thinking about. I know this forum doesn't have all those dcikheads that Renaultsport.co.uk has, but its a no win situation. Say I want 100 quid then I'm killing residuals and say I want 100,000 pounds then I'm an unrealistic plonker :roll:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
there's a couple of people looking for a Trophy at the mo - try giving them a pm if you haven't seen their posts. good luck with sale and move (Id take it with me but i'd want a better heater fitted for Canada!)

Reaction score
Another first owner on the forum bites the dust! :(

It was good to have met you at Salisbury, good luck in Canada.

Reaction score
Ya Olis is was cool to meet you and missus, other ollie (or are you the other ollie, I always get confused :p ), nik and a few others. I had very good intentions of going on RS track days but my leisure money always went to trips to the continent.
Oh I'm a full time plonker there artdealer, just the unrealistic bit that varies :wink:
Out on the west coast the weathers grand Cue its the prairies you really need to worry about, there you have to plug your car in at night just to be safe :)

Reaction score
SOLD :) :cry:
Thanks to Artdealer/Allvehicles/Steve for acting as a sounding board even though I didn't sell the car to him.