Reaction score
Need some new mats in preparation for permagard treatment.
Aside from the Renault standard items (which I have and don't really like) anyone bought anything they feel is a better? Any advise/ideas much appreciated :)

hyb

Reaction score
Not sure what the standard renault ones are like, but I picked up some in halfords for £15-£20, can't remember now. There pretty good really, black with red trim, drivers side has an extra foot pad with trim. Also came with 2 small rears but didn't bother to put them in.

I'll post a pic tomorrow

Reaction score
youre not gonna believe this but i got some mats in a dark grey ang black colour from Instore for 5 quid, they actually look quite good aswell!!

Im not gonna bother with renault ones now!!!

will post some pics up 2moro if you want!?

Ian

Reaction score
hyb said:
Thanks old bean. I like the double protection, the problem with my current ones is wearing thin under my right heel, so that might be one to consider :)

Reaction score
One thing that p*s*es me of is when the Driver matt bunch under the pedals. I found some great Matts in Halford that fit perfectly, and have a srew fastener to stop them moving. Can't remember how much I paid though Soz. :oops:

Much better!

Reaction score
I have rubber mats which I got free from Renault... I hose them off everytime I wash the car and they look like new :)

O.

Reaction score
when i picked the trophy up made a small comment in conversation to salesman that the trophy didn't have any mats. he suggested i take the mats from my p/x - a full fat 182!
these are custom fit mats, come as standard with full fat 182 and have fasteners to secure them in place preventing them from sliding forward.

no idea how much they cost if you wanted to buy them.

he even gave me a hand to take them from my old car.
took the cargo net too!
my brother swapped the rear tyres for the worn fronts on his 182!!!

Reaction score
these are the mats i got from Instore, not bad for 5 quid!?

Attachments

• 12052006117.jpg
    12052006117.jpg
    594 KB · Views: 806
  • 12052006118.jpg
    12052006118.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 803
  • 12052006119.jpg
    12052006119.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 802
Reaction score
OliS said:
There is a pic of the mats I have in the garage section - http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/garage.ph ... age_id=205

Bit more expensive than the other options but they are high quality items, and they look great!

I had noticed those when browsing the garage, £60 or there abouts as I recall. They do look very tidy. Do they have the "screw in" attachment on them to stop forward movement in mat?

Reaction score
Yeah, price was £60, but it depends on what style you go for. I was supplied the parts for the screw in attachment, but I have not used them as on my previous set in my 5 GT the plastic screws broke! Don't have any problems with them getting in the way though, they are well trimmed to the shape of the floors and have a rough finish to the underside so they stay in place pretty well.

Reaction score
what is Instore, and do their mats have any mechanism for not lsiding forward?

Reaction score
dcw@pr said:
what is Instore, and do their mats have any mechanism for not lsiding forward?

http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

This thread has some more pictures of mats. To offer the other end of the spectrum, mine cost £79.95 from www.autostyle.co.uk, they came supplied with fasteners but I haven't fitted them and haven't needed to, the mats fit perfectly and don't move an inch.

Instore is a poundstretcher type store and is fine if you're ethically OK with endorsing child slave labour in the far east.

Reaction score
"is fine if you're ethically OK with endorsing child slave labour in the far east. "

Keeps em busy i guess. :wink:

Reaction score
ducks butt said:
"is fine if you're ethically OK with endorsing child slave labour in the far east. "

Keeps em busy i guess. :wink:

Small hands make light work. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
i could do with one, when i clean the Trophy. I sponser one so i should get something back in return, perhaps a couple of times a year he/she should come over and work for me. haha