Reaction score
Trophy No.
I couldn't care if they're OEM. If some one tries to pick me up for them when they're trying to buy the car I'll refuse to sell it to them. Sellers market haha. They still came in at £32 with the quicker delivery..... i instantly start thinking about what other cooler stuff i could of got :( but need to change them and be sensible unfortunately.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Still have the OEM ones sat around somewhere I think so if any future is more OCD than me they can have them as part of the sale.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My MM ones turned up just this minute. In work but I'll be whacking them on later. If any one want some OEM ones for that OCD touch let me know as they'll be in the bin when the new ones are on. Its a Clio at the end of the day not a Peble Beach concour Entrant. I get keeping mostly original with the sachs etc but personally I consider parts like this as consumable.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My standard exhaust ended up at the local tip. There was nothing wrong with it either. Had I known just how popular Trophys would become I would have held on to it! Maybe. Maybe not.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I still have the original wiper stalk somewhere after upgrading but can't imagine there will be many left as close to original specification.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The original exhaust isn't something that should ever be desired.

Sharky, you did the right thing.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The original exhaust isn't something that should ever be desired.

Sharky, you did the right thing.
I would have to agree if being brutally honest. The standard item isn't great, the sound is average and the weight is ridiculous! I couldn't quite believe how heavy it was compared to the item I replaced it with!

Reaction score
Not forgetting that the standard exhaust rusts like nothing else on earth.

I did keep lots of other standard parts that I took off mine. They did go with my car when I sold it. But the knackered wrong spec tailgate struts weren't one of them.

Reaction score
I still have the original wiper stalk somewhere after upgrading but can't imagine there will be many left as close to original specification.

I still have the original stalk fitted.... Just think of the value that adds! ( only used in summer and sees little rain!).

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well Im stuck with the broken struts a little longer. For any one in the future that reads this avoid the MM ones on the link further up this page. far too long. the spoiler was hitting befor I even had both ends attached :worried:

I had them side by side. Standard are 390/400mm these were 430mm.

@Rik Perry you must of got lucky.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well Im stuck with the broken struts a little longer. For any one in the future that reads this avoid the MM ones on the link further up this page. far too long. the spoiler was hitting befor I even had both ends attached :worried:

I had them side by side. Standard are 390/400mm these were 430mm.

@Rik Perry you must of got lucky.[/QUOTE

I'll check my ones against the link and re post the like I used !

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cheers mate. Bit annoying but at least they're refunding the almost nine quid I paid postage.

Reaction score
The SGS ones definitely fit, just make sure you ask for them to be gassed to a stronger value than standard.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just got these today hoping they fit and strong enough!! They measure 390mm long, model number MM GS0670 130719067000 £25.99 delivered off eBay

Attachments

• IMG_0121.JPG
    IMG_0121.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
Reaction score
Trophy No.
i read up and asked because i wanted to avoid all this palava. Its just my luck. Always happens to me when it comes to car parts :(

Reaction score
Trophy No.
How long are the replacements people are using?

I've just realised mine are allowing the spoiler to foul the aerial and the roof. Never noticed this before until replacing the crap aftermarket radio today with an original one and having no reception meant I did some digging.

Looking through the history the ones on the car are 412mm long yet this is the same length quoted for the MM ones in this thread.

Are the BMW ones definitely shorter?