Reaction score
Some of you may or may not know when i bought my Trophy renault had replaced is failed V6 boot struts with standard 182 boot struts, as a result my spoiler rubbed on the roof annoying wearing it down a bit :(

Well i did alot of searching around on Cliosport for a set for a sale and spoke to renault and the cost new is well over £200

Then i stumbled accross these, £43 for a pair, theyre about 3mm shorter than the 182 struts meaning the boot opens alot further than on standard Trophy/V6 struts but is about 2mm shy of touching the roof, they were really easy to adjust the gas pressure down to what i required as well.

So if anyone needs new struts or is fitting a trophy spoiler to a standard 182

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/produ...552267573743D3638362D3937392677633D4E4F4E4526

Reaction score
Great find as I've found mine are a little wanting when the cars sat on even the slightest slope, fighting to balance the boot from closing.

Reaction score
Im pretty pleased with them so far, been on nearly a month now and work perfectly! Bargain for £43 ( and thats price per pair not per strut )

Reaction score
Just to let you know i emailed Stabilus about my boot lid struts, anyway they come back with a Stabilus part number and a place to order them from, part number for standard V6 boot lid struts are 2575WK, these can be purchased from http://www.faparkes.co.uk/ anyone who wants a copy of origional email i can forward this to you, price from memory of these each is about £25 something each.

As of today i was looking for a replacement to standard but with a higher force than 340N well i have purchased a set from my local motor factors, there the same length just higher force, part number of these are 314012 KIL, i will fit them tomorrow and let you all know if there any good, there also cheaper than the ones above these ones were just under £24 each.

Reaction score
Just an update regarding the stronger struts, i have mine now fitted and there spot on, there 'Kilen' struts part number 314012 there slightly longer in length there length instead of 370mm there 375mm however i have fitted them and they still have around 10mm on clearance between the spoiler and the roof in all directions. There slightly stronger too, the old ones were 340N however these are 350N its much better now opening the boot, i can get a picture of them fitted if people want but these are a straight swap for whats fitted as standard just unclip and clip new ones in.

These Kilen struts are off a BMW 1 Series from 9/04 onwards so other companies may make an equivalent, My price i paid all in were £47.95 for the 2 and took a day to get them.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good work Liam. I'll look into it, mine are getting a bit weak now.

Reaction score
Kilen (Lesjofors) are available on eBay at £33.96 + £4.95 postage for a pair from aceparts_uk. http://bit.ly/zdzQLS

Ordered these and got them today.

They seem rather large, nearly an inch longer than the trophy one's when I offered them up to the car.

Will try and fit tomorrow but I'll be surprised if they fit without the spoiler catching on the roof.

Reaction score
You sure you got the rite one's? Total length extended should be 375mm just measure them before fitting as im sure if there an inch longer there the wrong ones.

Reaction score
Ones from RS are quite a bit longer than the standard ones, it just misses the roof by about 1.5mm....
just fit 1 and see what happens!

Reaction score
Just posted this on CS, it's thanks to this thread but sums the thread up nicely for anyone confused :)

Just in case anyone is in need of a new pair, I know mine were failing.

From Renault they are around £500 a pair including VAT

But, the struts from the front (bonnet) of a BMW 1 Series (04 on) are the same size and fit. Replaced mine today and they are perfect, stronger than the old ones, hold the boot and actually lift it if its not completely open, and the spoiler still has the same clearance as before.

They are available on eBay here, I bought from here for £39 delivered and the service was excellent too :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350479082...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2045wt_1413

And a picture, Trophy at the top, the eBay lesjofors BMW ones at the bottom

3694ae79.jpg

Reaction score
Hi sorry to bring this thread back to life but does these really work as I need some for my car? Any help would be greatly appreciated as am looking to put my car back to semi standard and need these. Cheers, Matt :)

Reaction score
yes. I got a pair made to measure locally for about £12 each - job done