Reaction score
Renaultsport Clio 182 Trophy 067/500 for sale.

9411368120_7d1d398208_z.jpg
Trophy on 15's_14 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

9638041060_2787780847_z.jpg
Llandow9 by Sam_Wick, on Flickr

The car has been owned by a host of forum members and its ownership history can be traced back on the Trophy register. Most recently it was purchased by me from Steve@RSport Cars who took it in PX from Jamie on here.

The car has been nigh on faultless in my ownership and I have relied on it to commute in excess of 400 miles per week for the past year. It’s certainly a strong engine, noticeably quicker than my old 182 and I really do love the car to bits. The only reason I’m selling is because I want another convertible for the summer. The only thing I’ll consider a PX against is a BMW Z4 3.0i.

Details
80,000 miles
4 previous owners
HPI Clear
TAX - 30[SUP]th[/SUP] June 2014
MOT - Dec 2014
Number 067 with private plate T67 PHY to match (originally an “05” plate car)
Very good condition Recaro's and no parking dents on the car
No Turini's as it is currently sat on 15" F1's with Toyo and Hankook winter tyres (I will also include a set of 4x 15” Michelin Pilot Exalto 2’s with 5mm tread all round)

FSH (mixture of stamps/invoices) with notable and most recent items below
2010/58K - Cambelt changed by NWP (next due 2015 or 130K)
2012/60K - Sachs refurbished in late 2012 by BG motorsport
June2013/66K - Aux belt kit, alternator, rear discs, wiper mech - Dan@SJM
Dec2013/77K – Regular 12K service by Dan@SJM

Modifications
15" OZ F1 Alloys
330mm black suede steering wheel and momo boss – airbag light overridden with CLIP
Cooksport lowering springs
Yozzasport mk1 cat-back exhaust
DS2500 front pads
Goodridge braided brake lines
ATE superblue brake fluid
Brembo HC front discs
Powerflex dogbone mount
Aux in routed through glovebox for ipod/iphone
¾ front plate

Bad points

Thought I’d note these below for a potential forum purchaser as I like to know exactly what I am turning up to view when I go to see a car.

· Front bumper is quite heavily stone chipped from commuting.
· Some minor scuffing to the lacquer on the passenger A-pillar where the previous broken wiper was overshooting the windscreen.
· Carbon splitter has a small crack which is noticeable when looking for it from around 12 inches.
· Wheels have some kerbing.
· Front brake discs are low but I have a new set to chuck in with the sale.
· Jacking sills have suffered from the common issue of bending prior to me taking ownership.
· Windscreen has a small chip, again from all the commuting I use it for. This was not an MOT fail.

The car can be viewed in Sidcup, Kent or Horfield, Bristol.

Thanks for taking the time to read my advert, if you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to PM me or give me a call (O7545 953 871) to discuss in more detail or arrange a viewing.

Price £4350.

Please note that all documentation (FSH, V5C, Tax cert, MOT cert) for the car is currently at my Parent's in Kent which I won't be able to get to until the first weekend in March due to work commitments in the South West.

Thanks
Sam

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale mate.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on Trophy v Z4 as I've had my eye on one for a while.

Reaction score
Good luck with sale mate. . Cant say I blame you, I'll be getting the Z out soon for nurburg ring :))

Reaction score
Good luck with sale mate. . Cant say I blame you, I'll be getting the Z out soon for nurburg ring :))

Thanks Mate. It's genuinely going to be hard to part with the Trophy, as an all rounder they really are superb. Half of me thinks I'm mad selling it! For the performance, low running costs and practicality I doubt anything else for the money can come close.

Reaction score
Well chaps, just bought a Z4! Collecting in 5 weeks so I have a month to sell the trophy. Fitting new front discs this weekend and I'll give it a good clean and chuck some new pics up on here.

I'll feed it to pistonheads/Autotrader/eBay in a few weeks time, but I'd love it to stay on the forum.

Mileage is now 82,000. Still in use daily at a rate of 300-400 miles a week and still driving faultlessly.

Reaction score
Will be cleaned tomorrow, new discs and the exhaust aligned as I've just noticed from the photo's it's a centimetre out on one side:

Trophy_Sale_01_zps7a0cb5f7.jpg

Trophy_Sale_02_zps09a2b2f5.jpg

Trophy_Sale_03_zpsaf4e64db.jpg

Trophy_Sale_04_zpsafbacaac.jpg

Trophy_Sale_05_zps641984ca.jpg

Trophy_Sale_06_zps5b0713ad.jpg

Here's the scuff on the A pillar, as mentioned, not too bad!

Trophy_Sale_07_zps5586f03a.jpg

Minuscule chip on the screen - not even big enough to repair - actually struggled to photo it lol!

Trophy_Sale_08_zps042c1c70.jpg

Original wheel will also be included...

Trophy_Sale_09_zps5adcdf99.jpg

Nice clean, comfy Recaro's with no bolster wear :)

Trophy_Sale_10_zpsc11c9e8e.jpg

Jacking sills made of finest french cheese...

Trophy_Sale_11_zpscbbf2272.jpg

Splitter crack, again, hardly noticeable unless hunting

Trophy_Sale_12_zpsd80301e0.jpg

Thanks,
Sam