Who's interest in an Exhaust Group Buy

• Hell yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hyb

Reaction score
I quite fancy a replacement Cat Back system, I think the trophy could have a far nicer bark to it then the standard exhaust, it sounds way too 'mechanical' at the moment.

I've been looking around and it seems a lot of people recommend ProSpeed. I saw GaryG's 182 at the Bedford trackday and it looked and sounded fantastic.

I don't know what kind of a discount we could get if we asked Prospeed, if none at all it'd still be quite good to convoy there (cardiff http://www.pro-speedexhausts.com/ ) and get it done together.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Day, Fubar, Iain_C and myself are off to ProSpeed this Tuesday for cat back systems.

If you give Charlie a ring enough in advance he should be able to fit 2 or 3 people in each day. 182 exhausts obviously take a little longer than 172's in general.

He did offer a small discount on Cliosport for a group buy, but his prices are very competitive anyway.

Reaction score
Several questions:
Will there be any performance benefit or weight saving?
Presumably you will go to a single back-box, even if with twin outlets?
Will you increase the diameter of the system?
I see that Pro Speed do sports catalysts - are they any good?

Reaction score
george tbh the prospeed on my 172 helped a little. The car felt a bit quicker and more responsive.
Prospeed do a 182 twin outlet system i think.
I have a decat rolling round my garage if you want 1

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
George K said:
Several questions:

I'm opting for a similar system to the one Charlie fitted for Andy at GDI, a single back-box system. The one thing i dont like about alot of the aftermarket 182 exhausts i've seen is the way the two boxes are very visible from the rear of the car. So this single box system should be ideal.

P1020292.jpg

hyb

Reaction score
I'd be opting for the single backbox with 2 tail pipes coming out. With the backbox hidden from view. I'm not really interested in gaining more bhp, i'd just prefer a slightly sportier tone to the exhaust note.

Reaction score
ian_c; Thanks for the offer, at this stage I am not contemplating doing anything to the exhaust - you may have seen my comments under modifications, but am always interested in other people's views. For better or worse I prefer to keep the car as quiet as possible - probably something to do with having ruined my hearing at F1 races - it not only makes you slightly deaf, but in my case has also reduced my tolerance to loud noise - but perhaps that is really because I went through the teenage daughter stage of very loud music!

Reaction score
Nik said:
George K said:
Several questions:

I'm opting for a similar system to the one Charlie fitted for Andy at GDI, a single back-box system. The one thing i dont like about alot of the aftermarket 182 exhausts i've seen is the way the two boxes are very visible from the rear of the car. So this single box system should be ideal.

P1020292.jpg

Yikes... that tip on the left does not look very well aligned....

O.

Reaction score
I'd definitely look at a Cat back set-up. I'm not looking for something loud, but it would be nice to have something slightly more purposeful.

What's the price on a system from ProSpeed? Does switching to a single box system have any pros/cons over the standard set up?

Wouldn't mind the trek to Cardiff either, although bit dull on the M4. Any nice B roads that run along that way from M25?

Reaction score
oliie said:
Nik said:
George K said:
Several questions:

P1020292.jpg

Yikes... that tip on the left does not look very well aligned....

O.

its an odd angled photo.... it sits perfectly.....

Reaction score
Benny223 said:
isnt the angelworks kit coming about soon?? Anyone know about that??

yeah he'll take forever and a day to release it and it won't be cheap (but Ben's stuff is normally worth the ££, plus i love him)

Reaction score
Benny223 said:
isnt the angelworks kit coming about soon?? Anyone know about that??

yup.... got some rather trick silencers as I understand designed to scavenge better...

best ask ben as he has been planning it for months now...

not cheap though