Reaction score
Hello

Just got my dampers back from
Bg (who have done a top job) fitted the sportlines that a bought with them and the car looks higher!. Isn't is ment to be lower!?

Anything I could of done wrong or any garage in the Leeds area who could have a look to make sure?..

Pics coming soon.

Cheers

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Andy_182trophy said:
Just got my dampers back from
Bg (who have done a top job) fitted the sportlines that a bought with them and the car looks higher!

Oops. :wink:

Get the pics up sharpish, that should help.

Reaction score
Nickboazracing, this one is ment for you surely :)

Fully gassed and refurbed dampers would, logically, revive the ride height to standard; the ride height would have (of ;-) ) been lower whilst in need of the re-build??

Reaction score
Trophy No.
You notice I put the comma in quick smart :)

The above is what I think as well.

Reaction score
Cheers guys but a 30mm drop from standard should be quite noticeable shouldn't it.

Any nice chaps in Leeds I can take it to?.

Pics as soon as I'm back home. :)

Reaction score
Yes, you're correct, but 30 mm drop from standard not 30mm from worn out

That said, 30 mm shorter springs ought to be lower than (even) trucked damper ride height...

Sorry, can't help with a garage rec. ; I'm in SW France.......

Reaction score
Gas pressure will have minimal affect on ride height - it is only 4.5 bar iirc.

Ride height might be because the Trophy springs are slightly lower than oe.

Reaction score
Yeah I know the trophy springs are 10mm lower than oe but the sportlines should be even lower than the trophy springs. I read one review saying it touched over speed bumps... I could easy drive over my house. Haha.

What could I have done wrong that could of caused this?. It's worrying me now

is1

Reaction score
How long have you had them fitted? Could it just be that they need to "settle"?

Reaction score
are these what some people are arguing are what 'Mark Fish' are selling as his own? i hope this isnt true but i heard a rumor.

Ash

Reaction score
Got new springs from Mark Fish £202.69, they look exactly like the ones on K-Tec website for £158.63 can anybody confirm this?

Had the dampers refurbished earlier this month £465.12, excellent service from BG motorsport. Would strongly recommend the drain hole is slotted to try and avoid further corrosion[attachment=1:1l9qstqa]P8160009.JPG[/attachment:1l9qstqa]

The other small mod was to avoid further damage to the damper caused by the stainless brake hose rubbing (fitted a few years ago by K-Tec with a cable tie). Rubber hose fitted around brake pipe.
[attachment=0:1l9qstqa]P8160008.JPG[/attachment:1l9qstqa]

With refurbished dampers (original top mounts refitted) and new springs had the 4 wheel alignment check, the toe in was adjusted to -0.10.

There was a difference in the camber from left to right on the front -0.75 and -0.09, and the back -1.10 and -1.43.

I am guessing the difference from left to right may be wear in the rubber top mounts on the front, on the back I noticed the top and bottom rubber spring mounts were also worn, any other ideas?

There is little difference in the handling of the car around Castle Combe from before and after the above work, perhaps I was hoping for more after spending the money or perhaps the dampers had more life in them.

Next step I think is solid top mounts, camber bolts on the front, and a change of rear dampers (anybody tried anything other than the Mark Fish ones??)

Thanks Ash

Attachments

• P8160009.JPG
    P8160009.JPG
    905.2 KB · Views: 34
  • P8160008.JPG
    P8160008.JPG
    861.8 KB · Views: 41
Reaction score
They have been on the car for around 3 days now and still are looking alittle high compared with the photos people have been posting. I know Gibs looks alot lowwer than mine and hes on the Mark Fish set up. I have re-fitted the springs to get the top mounts flush as one was slightly raised, with the help from Matt wills who is a top bloke.. really recommend giving him a call about any issues.

Reaction score
Ash : Nice pictures, your dampers are looking well and im liking the other Mods you have planned. Can i ask what springs your running and if you have a picture of the car? ... BG did a top job on mine too.

Reaction score
Andy_182trophy said:
Pictures now uploaded

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

And the dampers :)

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

Incorrect mine are black and have only lowered the car about 10mm. They are definitely the stiffer ones of the two Eibach Items.

They are for sale if anyone is interested? Mark fish ones will be replacing them.

James

Reaction score
Andy_182trophy said:
They have been on the car for around 3 days now and still are looking alittle high compared with the photos people have been posting. I know Gibs looks alot lowwer than mine and hes on the Mark Fish set up. I have re-fitted the springs to get the top mounts flush as one was slightly raised, with the help from Matt wills who is a top bloke.. really recommend giving him a call about any issues.

No worries Andy glad I could help mate and email matt@stealthsport.co.uk if you need any further help :)

Reaction score
Ash said:
Got new springs from Mark Fish £202.69, they look exactly like the ones on K-Tec website for £158.63 can anybody confirm this?

Had the dampers refurbished earlier this month £465.12, excellent service from BG motorsport. Would strongly recommend the drain hole is slotted to try and avoid further corrosion[attachment=1:33l8530s]P8160009.JPG[/attachment:33l8530s]

The other small mod was to avoid further damage to the damper caused by the stainless brake hose rubbing (fitted a few years ago by K-Tec with a cable tie). Rubber hose fitted around brake pipe.
[attachment=0:33l8530s]P8160008.JPG[/attachment:33l8530s]

With refurbished dampers (original top mounts refitted) and new springs had the 4 wheel alignment check, the toe in was adjusted to -0.10.

There was a difference in the camber from left to right on the front -0.75 and -0.09, and the back -1.10 and -1.43.

I am guessing the difference from left to right may be wear in the rubber top mounts on the front, on the back I noticed the top and bottom rubber spring mounts were also worn, any other ideas?

There is little difference in the handling of the car around Castle Combe from before and after the above work, perhaps I was hoping for more after spending the money or perhaps the dampers had more life in them.

Next step I think is solid top mounts, camber bolts on the front, and a change of rear dampers (anybody tried anything other than the Mark Fish ones??)

Thanks Ash

Hi Ash

We are working on some uprated Koni rear top adjustable dampers that have been re-valved by the people who I use to refurbish the Sachs dampers for me.

After having the Mark Fish ones analysed on a suspension dyno we felt that we could offer one that is a better solution so will have something to show shortly.

Also after having spoken to Mr. Eibach out in Germany (yeah there is one) there are only one type of springs that being sold to fit the Trophy and they are Sportlines. Eibach made the yellow ones as fitted to the car originally as original equipment and via there UK distributor a certain person is only buying Sportlines.

I am not saying this to cause trouble and am willing to be corrected if this is not the case.........

Cheers,

Matt.