S4M

Reaction score
Hi Guys

My Trophy appears to have just started making a "clicking" noise when you pull away. Its still under warranty but just wanted to know if this was a common thing so i could perhaps relay some feedback to renault.

Thanks

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
what type of click? this may be the same thing that's on the other thread (last week I think) I believe it's been diagnosed as the ABS system test in the first few seconds of switching the car on/moving off....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Definately that if you can feel this clicking through the pedals. (well actually the abs feels like a short series of clunks)

S4M

Reaction score
It clunks as it pulls away and sometimes does it in braking. Think it may do it on full lock too

Dont think its the ABS as it was doing it throughout my whole journey earlier ....

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hmmn that sounds like a piece of string question.... could be a number of different things from wheels to engine to brakes etc.

S4M

Reaction score
I suppose an easy way to desribe it would be a knocking noise. hmm its booked in for tuesday but i can just see them not finding anything ....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
How many miles? Like Cue said could be a bunch of things engine mounts, cv boot etc.

S4M

Reaction score
Its on 38,000

Dosent alllways do it, i cannot feel it through the pedal i can hear it knocking when i drive along

Sounds like its coming from the front of the car but not sure if its driver or passenger side :\

Reaction score
mine does it everytime i start to move off. its like a knock which i tend to feel through the pedels. Happens every time i start the car and drive off.

Just seems normal and not something serious so i have just assumed its like an ABS check or just the sachs damper adjusting?! A few members on here have said they believe the ABS check to be correct.

Reaction score
Mine's always done that since I got her a year ago - a very slight feeling of a knock through the clutch pedal when I pull away from a complete standstill. It's really, really subtle so TBH I've not worried about it

Reaction score
Trophy No.
nickc said:
Mine's always done that since I got her a year ago - a very slight feeling of a knock through the clutch pedal when I pull away from a complete standstill. It's really, really subtle so TBH I've not worried about it

There is no need to worry, that is the abs check.

S4M

Reaction score
Ended up being one of the bolts that holds the disc on. It came lose ...

Its fine now :)

Tnx guys

Reaction score
hoolio said:
nickc said:

There is no need to worry, that is the abs check.

Thanks for that - you learn something new every day