Reaction score
Trophy No.
Got a call as i was putting the car in the carport last night and left it in gear with predictable results when i started it this morning. fairly certain it's just superficial but the bumper is cracked. Anyone know of any decent reno dealers in the Oxford/Reading area? :(

Edit; sorry meant reno dealer/repairers.

Reaction score
Ouch :(

Ive almost done this to my old dears car as she always leaves it in gear

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Hoolio, first thing my driving instructor taught me, he used to leave it in gear deliberately to test me, never got caught out.

I've done far sillier things though, like reverse into a stationery Honda Jazz in traffic, although it did have optical camoflage (ie. it was new years day).

Ask on www.renaultsport.co.uk Jules, they'll recommend a good dealer, or more accurately, name the bad ones!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks Drexel, that's the thing i never do and i always start it before getting into it so i couldn't even stamp on the brake-lesson learnt.

And Steve ,have done cliosport and was thinking about RS tho i always feel guilty about asking on forums that i'm not a regular. Daft i know.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Thanks Drexel, that's the thing i never do and i always start it before getting into it so i couldn't even stamp on the brake-lesson learnt.

Could have been worse then, if you'd left it in reverse it would have taken you out!

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Got a call as i was putting the car in the carport last night and left it in gear with predictable results when i started it this morning. fairly certain it's just superficial but the bumper is cracked. Anyone know of any decent reno dealers in the Oxford/Reading area? :(

Edit; sorry meant reno dealer/repairers.

Hoolio.... i'll ask the GF for you - she knows of somewhere good i'm pretty sure. will PM you tonight when she's over here with any details. She's based near Banbury so it'll be reasonably close for you too

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks everyone, Gareth will look forward to that pm as it seems that round these ways recommended dealers are rarer than hens teeth. Pretty peed off at the moment, have gone from sick to gutted to so angry i could kick myself in the head, bloody idiot.

Reaction score
Hoolio - they are a Renault Approved Bodyshop

Carbody (Banbury) Ltd
Overthorpe Industrial Estate, Thorpe Lane, Banbury, Oxfordshire OX16 4UT
Tel: 01295 273945

Give them a try - they have been highly recommended

Reaction score
Hey ya buddy, shame about the prang, especially after the clean looking pics that you sent me a couple of weeks back! Hope that she's restored to rude health at ultra quick and wallet friendly speed! :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks again everyone, Gareth, will certainly be giving them a shout, it's a little far but I'd rather go further/pay more for a good job. I could do your wiper stalk at the same time :) It's ridiculous we all search around desperately for people to work on our cars, if i had a car shop i would make myself known on forums like this.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Thanks again everyone, Gareth, will certainly be giving them a shout, it's a little far but I'd rather go further/pay more for a good job. I could do your wiper stalk at the same time :) It's ridiculous we all search around desperately for people to work on our cars, if i had a car shop i would make myself known on forums like this.

in which case i don't think you'll go too wrong with them.... as the age old saying goes you get what you pay for..... they do a good job but might not be the cheapest

Reaction score
Ouch!
Could be worse though.

I have used a Renault service center in Wokingham, Berks (not far from Reading). They did my repairs to my 1.4 clio after i was rear ended and also did work changing oxy sensor when that went on my Trophy.

the center is attached to a Peugeot garage also, on Molly Miller Lane, Wokingham. contact number 0118 9747407, ask for Graham, nice guy and did a good deal on brake replacement for me.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Don't do this folks, it will cost you an arm, leg and sundry other bits.

Attachments

• phpMYRkVgAM.jpg
    phpMYRkVgAM.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 939
Reaction score
hoolio said:
Don't do this folks, it will cost you an arm, leg and sundry other bits.

based on what you're saying that'll be why Trophy 328 never had the front bumper replaced then :wink:

how much have you been quoted and by who?

Reaction score
You and me could be twins at the moment hoolio :oops: - i have some light damage in exactly the same place, bit embarrasing really. Keeping my fingers crossed I won't have to pay seeing as it wasn't my fault. Beware of towbars on the car in front of you when waiting in traffic on slopes! Or leave more room :roll:

But FYI a new brand new bumper is £166 from Reno, add a £100 on for paint/fitting if it goes through officially. Flash the cash it's gonna cost less :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Gareth said:
how much have you been quoted and by who?

Gareth took your advice and took it to carbody in Banbury but if the price that streetfighter mentioned is true i will be going elsewhere ,£500 for the bumper. :(