Reaction score
Hi - my dampers due to go in at BG on October 31st. Getting the struts power coated too.

It's expensive enough already (and have been happily buying other bits for my new car without keeping an eye on what i'm spending!) - and adds another £170 to the bill.

Has anyone done this, and if you can you let me know if practically you change them ahead of track days, or for fast road driving? Or is stock fine?

I don't want to change things for change's sake -but if it improves the car, and gives options for track days vs. roads, i'll probably do it.

Cheers,

Reaction score
Depends what sort of state the original adjuster is in, I couldn't warrant it, as far as I'm aware it just increases the amount of clicks the adjuster can do over the standard amount of clicks giving a more precise adjustment, depends if you want to stiffen them up, I'm running 2 clicks above standard with the rear konis set to what I find a comfortable match! Maybe someone with the upgrade can offer better input!

Reaction score
i thought these were pinned by Renault as standard, i.e. you couldn't adjust them at all?
cheers,

Reaction score
Yea you just get them unpinned, BG or Cornering Force offer depinning of the standard adjuster shouldn't cost any extra either as it'll all be stripped down anyway, I remember one chap doing it himself and there being a guide on here somewhere!

Reaction score
Yea you just get them unpinned, BG or Cornering Force offer depinning of the standard adjuster shouldn't cost any extra either as it'll all be stripped down anyway, I remember one chap doing it himself and there being a guide on here somewhere!

Hmmm, £170 is the cost of the upgrade.

". The original adjuster assembly is pinned in place on the Trophy so we can replace it with a genuine Sachs Race Engineering working assembly which allows you to adjust the level of compression adjustment either to soften it to make for a more comfortable ride on bumpy B roads or stiffen it for more spirited driving conditions. "

Would be great for feedback from somebody who has seen it done. I'd like to understand if in practice they do regularly adjust for track vs. road use , or just leave in stock setting.

Reaction score
You don't need to replace anything you just remove the pin....the standard adjuster is perfectly functional....many many members have just had their standard adjusters depinned including myself, no parts replaced, no additional parts required just the standard adjuster....if you ask BG they are more than capable of depinning your standard adjusters.

Reaction score
BG will only fit new compression adjusters not de-pin your old ones,i had mine done when they went for refurb.

It gives you the option of being able to adjust the compression settings if you so wish.

P1050147_zps7f2c8f39.jpg

P1050146_zpse3addc05.jpg

P1050151_zps36e926ad.jpg

Reaction score
BG will only fit new compression adjusters not de-pin your old ones,i had mine done when they went for refurb.

It gives you the option of being able to adjust the compression settings if you so wish.

Thanks- makes sense.

And in practice- *do* you ever adjust them? that's the main thing for me - does this setting make a real-world difference, or in reality is stock best 99% of the time.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Thanks- makes sense.

And in practice- *do* you ever adjust them? that's the main thing for me - does this setting make a real-world difference, or in reality is stock best 99% of the time.

Thanks!

99% of the time on the road standard is fine.Mine were very corroded so i went for the new compression adjusters i believe this is how they should have been sold from new?

Reaction score
I depinned my dampers years ago and played around with the settings. I used to run mine a couple of clicks stiffer but if you stray any further then the mismatch front to rear becomes more evident in the way the front reacts quickly to steering inputs and it feels like the rear is is slow to react. Without adjustable rears I would only replace them if they are corroded.
To be honest I thought they used to just charge £50 or so to replace the adjusters with a service. That would have been worthwhile.

Reaction score
Thanks all for advice - at the moment, £170 is probably too much considering the pile of boxes from eBay that have started to pile up after only 8 days of ownership!

Will keep them fixed, and wait until Mark Fish suspension upgrade at some point next year before considering again.

Reaction score

P1050147_zps7f2c8f39.jpg

P1050146_zpse3addc05.jpg

P1050151_zps36e926ad.jpg
Is this a new thing? They offered me the option of having mine unpinned or having upgraded adjusters when I sent them my dampers!