Reaction score
lol i love how he has slipped "cat d" into the middle of the specs list! also his one apparently has a lower insurance group than a normal 182 :^o

Reaction score
blueseidboy said:
lol i love how he has slipped "cat d" into the middle of the specs list!

I love this bit too! Some one should ask him if the 'cat d' is an optional extra! lol

Damn next time I phone the insurer's I'll have to mention it's a group '10' not '17', like everyone else pays!!!! If this car actually is number 381 then it's the closest I've seen to mine.

Reaction score
#-o Why do people not know the difference between 'brought' and 'bought'?!

Loving the cat D in specs! Maybe he thought that was part of the spec when he bought it! The listing says 'alarmed cat d light weight'. Maybe he thinks it has a light weight alarm of a 'cat d' spec????

Reaction score
Someone should email him with a list of questions and see if he is honest enough to post it on the listing?

Reaction score
maybe hes referring to the category of the alarm ? as its next to the alarm bit in the text ,and hit "D" instead of what ever category the trophy alarm is "A"?
just a thought...

Reaction score
son of solo said:
maybe hes referring to the category of the alarm ? as its next to the alarm bit in the text ,and hit "D" instead of what ever category the trophy alarm is "A"?
just a thought...

That maybe a tiny error which will lose him ££££££'s in the sale if you're right!

Reaction score
Arent alarm catergories in numbers though? i.e. thatcham cat 1etc

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Sam_K said:
Arent alarm catergories in numbers though? i.e. thatcham cat 1etc

I agree. They have numbers instead of letters for the Thatcham rating.

Looks like they have just tried to slip cat D in the advert in hoping someone assumes it's relating to the class of alarm fitted.

Reaction score
I can picture the conversation you'd have with him when he'd be explaining the car 'IT'S GOT THIS THAT, cat d ,AND THE OTHER!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think we've done this before, Cat D is not that serious;

Category D Repairable salvage. Minimal damage, probably not structural, but insurer does not want to repair, even though it might be economic to do so. Often stolen and recovered after claim has been paid. Or it maybe a vehicle where parts are difficult to obtain so a quick repair is unlikely. Does not need VIC inspection to return to road. Notification will appear in your vehicle history check

I would be going over it with a fine tooth comb but that could be a bargain for someone. Sneakily done btw. :)

Reaction score
hoolio said:
I think we've done this before, Cat D is not that serious

Not always, on newer cars especially.

At 2 years old, this was Cat D'd. It had a twisted shell, but some goon would have bodged it back to together & sold it on

P1010002.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm no expert but I'd say that clearly has structural damage so should not be classed as Cat D. I'm not saying I would buy I wouldn't but with the right questions it "could" be a bargain.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the saxo in that pic was obviously catogorised incorrectly - that would be C maybe even a B not a D in my book.

Reaction score
Cue said:
the saxo in that pic was obviously catogorised incorrectly - that would be C maybe even a B not a D in my book.

It was a 106 Gti :shock: not a saxo lol ...

My thoughts exactly on the classification though, it was ruined!!

Reaction score
My 172 was a cat c and that had a twisted chasis which required pulling to straighten. Wouldn't want to ever drive that again.