Reaction score
Has anyone driven one?

I had a drive in one yesterday and i have to say i was mightily impressed. Steering, handling, and brakes are all very very good. Its not Trophy 'chuckable' on the country roads but i was surprised at how nimble it felt and how much grip there was - especially as its a fairly big car.

Then there is the noise from that engine - absolutely great! Sounds so good at tickover (deep and bassy) and also when just driving normally but the sound when you are on the throttle is something else - it really growls with a sound you only get from big engines. I think it could be very addictive!

It definitely feels like a well put together car and seems like an awful lot of car for the money - completely different proposition to a Trophy though.

Negatives - the only things i could fault it on are the interior being a bit plasticy (feels like a good place to be though - everything well laid out - wheel, pedals, controls etc) and also the visibilty is a little limited - especially for parking.

I'd easily overlook those negatives though because of that engine - did i mention the sound?
;)

Reaction score
I haven't driven one yet but I'm considering it for my next car. Did you drive a new one with the new engine? It's supposed to be better and keener to rev. I think it could do with being a foot shorter and a bit lighter though. :D

Reaction score
Has same steering wheel as a Navaro!!! Cheap as out.

However, looks lovely and if I could have one I'd.........have a clio v6!! Ha ha ha

Reaction score
Sounds lovely,looks great,feels alive when driving but the interior lets it down and the pedal positons are awful.
Feel like your doing the splits.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i had one for about 3 months before I bought the Trophy. Coming from an M3 and 330Ci I wasn't massivley impressed.

It was sort of a 'ok' car to me, did everything ok. Nothing special, but for that money it's was vg value. A 911 would out perform it in every sense, but would cost twice as much.

For a £30k car it would be up there in a shortlist of 3 or 4, maybe 5.

in no order:

350Z
New TT (haven't driven it yet but i'm told it's a massive improvement on the last one)
E46 M3 or E36 M3 and stick £5k into better braskes, suspension etc.
Trophy & caterham and pay 6k off the mortgage :)

Reaction score
The new gen ones are meant to feel alot better engine wise from what I've read/heard.

Iirc it's using a Renault engine anyways.

Do look nice & sound awesome, just the interior is a big big let down imo.