Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
aye, that was the first one. not sure if he had track insurance but i'm not sure if its worth repairing. buggered up the engine, front axle, wheel, brakes, steering. you name it at the front end it was knackered. The picture doesn't show all the damage (sick) yet the airbags didn't go off?????

Reaction score
Cue said:
aye, that was the first one. not sure if he had track insurance but i'm not sure if its worth repairing. buggered up the engine, front axle, wheel, brakes, steering. you name it at the front end it was knackered. The picture doesn't show all the damage (sick) yet the airbags didn't go off?????

A little worrying! Are you sure Cue? I know they're designed to not go off in minor shunt because they can do more harm than good, but from the damage you describe, sounds like they should have.

Reaction score
stevegunnis said:
Cue said:

A little worrying! Are you sure Cue? I know they're designed to not go off in minor shunt because they can do more harm than good, but from the damage you describe, sounds like they should have.

perhaps not wearing seatbelt at point of impact?

Reaction score
Airbags will only go off if the impact is hard enough and it a lot off side impact so if it had side airbags then they would have gone off.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
didn't see the accident - I was about 1/2 lap in front of it but when i came round it was leaking fliuds all over the track, on some of the vids that's been posted you can see where it was as they've covered it with chalk or saw dust just before a tight downhill left hander.

both trophy's had big front end impacts. enough on the second one to smash up the radiator and engine block!!! yet no air bag went off in either of them.

the first car was a side/front impact, the second looked allmost dead on front.