Reaction score
Havn't posted for a while but after searching the many posts on here and cs about brake upgrades, I plumped for the pagid blue rs 4.2 pads and new brembo high carbon disks.

I had them fitted at GDI last saturday (Thanks Andy & Mark) Their service and attention to detail was excellent. I know where I'll be going next for my 24k service.

What a difference this upgrade makes to the whole trophy driving experience. Incredible fade free stopping power, great feel through the pedal, they work perfectly from cold, no squeels or squeaking so far, and the dust on the wheels appears to be no more or less than the stadard pads.

My car has 22k miles and the inside pads were both almost metal to metal!

The pagids are expensive but well worth the investment for anyone about upgrade. I did't bother with the lines or upgrading the fluid.

My confidence on the track will be much improved now that i have decent anchors on the front end. Off to book a track day now...Struth this is an expensive hobby!

Nick C

Reaction score
I've been watching the brake threads quite closely as I was thinking about upgrading, I couldnt decide wether to leave it until the OEM ones are totally shot though.

The high carbon discs seem a very popular choice, to be honest I cant think of any other discs being mentioned.

How much were the pagid pads (if you dont mind my asking), I seem to recall them being a lump more than the Ferodo's which have so many positive reviews.

Interesting to see you didn't opt for the braided lines also, it's been discussed that they possibly arn't required as the standard hoses are internally braided, your comments seem to back this up?

I think I would change the fluid though, just seems like the thing to do, if changing discs and pads, may aswell put some nice new fluid in there.

I've noticed the OEM pads dont seem to react well to heat, doesn't fill me with confidence. This is one of the things putting me off doing a track day at the minute aswell, I just dont trust the brakes lol

Reaction score
Dave

The prices are on the GDI web site and i thnk they are still offering 10% off the pagid pads currently but don't quote me on that. You can find price details here on all their brake solutions:

http://www.greydevilindustries.com/Prod ... 13940&MID=

There are other brembo disks available both drilled or grooved but they are twice the price and based on the amount of track days i do, i couldn't justify the extra spend. The drilled version looks great; i had a look at a set whist in their workshop. Also had the wife with me so spend was limited to some extent if you understand where i am coming from!

I will be changing the fluid at the 24k service in about 2 months time.

Highly recommend GDI. They know far more about the cars we drive than the Renault dealers in my area. They also run Renaultsport cars themselves, plus they are only an hour from me.

Nick C

Reaction score
Great to see you've upgraded but you've really missed out on not putting in better brake fluid. On the track your brake pedal will still go to the firewall regardless of your new pads because the stock fluid has a much lower boiling point than race fluid.

You'll be back to the garage soon ;)

O.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
as above - it's even more important to change the fluid if your upgrading. The higher temps generated by better stopping power will mean higher fluid temps, you need better fluid... it's only a £10 mod.

Reaction score
pagids are awesome, i can't fault them. I have pagid blues, with brake lines and brembo max disks and they are incredible on the road and track.

i get the occasional squeal but only when the brakes haven't been used hard for a while, i fi go out and abuse them then they shut up.

any brake dust they do give you can't notice on the anthracite wheels anyay.

they are about £150 just for the pagids.

Reaction score
Interesting. I have had a few teething troubles since fitting my DS2500s, not because of the pads but because of the caliper - the piston appears to be sticking on the off-side front so the pads stay on the disk slightly and are causing some squeal / chirping when off the brakes. It's being looked at this afternoon. I read on cliosport that other people with 182s have had this problem when fitting new pads - I guess Renault's supplier of the calipers has dropped the ball sightly... :roll:

Nothing wrong with their performance though, the braking is SO much better than OE (and I used Motul RBF 600 fluid too which is v high boiling point, second only to that super expensive Castrol stuff).

Just hope they can fix it for Bedford tomorrow... :?

Reaction score
Cue said:
as above - it's even more important to change the fluid if your upgrading. The higher temps generated by better stopping power will mean higher fluid temps, you need better fluid... it's only a £10 mod.

Thanks Cue and Ollie, I'll get the fluid upgraded before the next track session. To save me searching again can you tell me which fluid should i be asking for?

Reaction score
Motul RBF 600 is what I use, along with 2 other mates with clio sports, my brothers evo, and a mates vx220 turbo. Its good stuff.