Reaction score
I wanna get my 12k service done shortly even tho its only coming up to 7k. just like for it to be done early cos i dont think that the old lady that had chelsea before me had even a quick check up at 3k. but who's better in your opinion's? if called Rentech, they said £150 inc vat but he said that the prices will go up in the new year but if i mentioned that he quoted me £150 he will honour it.

Spoke to K-Tec and they said £158 inc vat. but he was more specific in what needs to be done, and also mentioned that they would check the damper levels. That was a big plus for me as he knew i was not jst driving a standard cup or 182.

so what do u say guys, whos better for service, cost, knowledge on the car etc??

Day

Reaction score
Rentech.

Mike is one of us.

Don't think I've ever seen a bad word said about them.

Reaction score
Difficult this one, I had mine serviced at RenTech and they put on the Blue Flame Exhaust, upgraded discs and braided hoses as well, all of which I supplied. I also went to K-Tec a short while later and they put on the ITG Maxogen Induction Kit and ECU. Both very nice people, very helpful.

I suppose the answer for me is that when the next service is due I would most probably go to RenTech........The service was great and they dropped me off in the Town and picked me up and were such nice honest people. I would not normally let my Trophy out of my sight when being looked at but felt happy to do so, even with the large peice of work they were doing. And the overall price was very good.

Yep, RenTech for me (tup)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i've only heard good things about RenTech, if they were closer it'd be a toss up between them, yozza or RS Tuning.

Reaction score
Very hard to answer that one, both have very good customer service, and as you're driving from Bristol, the extra 50 miles to Portsmouth isn't a deal breaker.

Dave from K-Tec did a lot to help me out after their computer wiped my ECU, paid for everything, replaced a kerbed alloy and delivered my car back to me at work over 90 miles away.

Mike from Ren-Tech is great, can't go wrong by using them, everybody who uses them is very loyal and won't let anyone else touch their cars.

It comes down to whether you want to wander around an industrial estate in the middle of nowhere or get dropped off at Gunwharf Quays to do some Christmas shopping.

Reaction score
it sounds like a resounding yes to Ren-tech.
i was sorta pulling their way cos when i spoke to mike on the phone he sound like a well nice guy, while the guy at k-tec sounded like he was just out of school.
thanks guys for the opinions. looks like ill be booking #356 in with mike after christmas.

although....... im i a bit premature to get #356 serviced 4-5k miles before its due mileage?

Reaction score
Gareth said:
Fish said:
although....... im i a bit premature to get #356 serviced 4-5k miles before its due mileage?

early servicing will never do any harm imo :D

i always felt since i bought #356 that i wanted to drive her for a while (around 2-3k) before the first service and get that done as soon as possible, cos i dont that that old lady that had her before serviced or checked her over when she had #356.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
Old lady? Early service a good idea and goes well for the service history.
yea she was around 70-80ish. lord knows why she bought it, but she couldnt afford to run it, sold it back to the selling dealer and bought a clio III 1.4. looked at the book pack last nite...... bl**dy dealer hasnt supplied me with the service book :evil: (swear)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
sounds like a salesman did a number on her - bet she got ripped off on the sale back to the dealers.... wankers if it were my gran i'd be round there sharpish!

Reaction score
the salesman that sold me the car was a bit of a wideboy. thought he was totally it. shame that the MAIN dealer in bristol could do that to a old lady. no morals in this world nemore!! :evil:

hyb

Reaction score
http://www.ren-tech.co.uk/

I think Nik is doing a new one for Mike? Last I heard anyway. I did put one together but Nik beat me to it :)

rentech1.jpg
[/url]

Reaction score
196 will be going to Yozzasport sometime in the next couple of months for the first service - only done 8000 miles so waiting until I get to 10000 then booking in.

Reaction score
If you have the 12k service done early say at 8k, can the service booked still be stamped and which are allowed to stamp service books - rsport, ktech, rentech?

Day

Reaction score
Rentech will stamp your log book providing you don't take the mickey lol