Reaction score
I've not used the Trophy for about 5 weeks now - just not had the chance, what with one thing and another. I've done a quick calc and I've worked out I do maybe 3,000 miles a year in it if I'm lucky (it is a 4th car).

Just wondered what mileage's others are doing and is there anyone out there specifically trying to keep the mileage down so that in a few years time the car might be a tucked away treasure :?:

Reaction score
had it since feb and done 8k. (almost 12ktotal now) I dread to think what it will be on this time next year. 25k+?

Reaction score
i had a v6 mk1 52 plate and it had 19k miles when i sold it 5 months ago, it didnt make 1 ounce of difference to the resale value and people have since sold 51 plates and v6's with higher mileage for the same money!! in the last year i had the v6 i did 3k miles.

Ive now done 4k miles in the trophy in 5 months and i am loving it!!

im of the opinion that i dont care im using the trophy all the time and it is there to be driven.

sure if you are planning on keeping a trophy for 15+ years then a low mileage 1 might be good to have but you wouldnt have had as much fun in the meantime!!

Ian

Reaction score
22,000 in one year.

Have the option for a sane (read: diesel) daily driver but Trophy keys get picked up every morning without fail, despite my commute being a 50 mile M1 hike.

O.

Reaction score
I've done 8000 miles (almost exactly) since 11th April, mostly to work but lots of driving around for pleasure and on trips at weekends.

Got to agree with chunktrophy and ollie here, I doubt the milaege will affect the re-sale value much, better to keep it all original and looking perfect for good re-sale. I think the Trophy values will drop a bit more and then stabilise as the word spreads, might even go up again in a few years with all these dustcarts on the road masquerading as drivers cars. If I had a diesel (never happen) it would get passed on the drive every morning, I choose not to drink so I can drive to the pub FFS!

Looking at a flat tomorrow that's 90 seconds walk from work so the Trophy will be only for pleasure after that! :D

Reaction score
I personally don't care about mileage either, I just don't get the opportunity to drive the car as much as I would like. I can't really use the car for work and I tend to get home quite late at night, so the only option is to use the car at the weekend. But then, I have two small children (3 yrs and 7 months) plus the wife and pushchairs, etc, so if I want to be with them at the weekend, again I can't really use the trophy.

Bit of an awkward situation really. I had a Clio V6 255 for a year and it had done 1200 miles when I sold it, of which 800 were in the first week. In the end I sold it because it just wasn't being used. Did the same with a Renault Spider before it aswell.

No matter what though, I'm definitely not going to sell the Trophy, I still love walking into the garage and having a look at it :wink:

Reaction score
In time I think the "tucked away treasure" aspect will apply to the Trophy. Providing it's in good condition and has been well looked after, a five year old Trophy with just 15k on the clock is going to command a good premium over an average miles example, just like the Williams market has always been. Iin recent years I've seen a couple of genuine low mile Williams' advertised for as much as £14k (10-20k miles), and quite a few of them around £8k (30-40k miles) whereas the average mile examples, even the well looked after ones go for £5k and under...

Doesn't help me though as I do 10k miles a year, but I'm loving every one! :D

Reaction score
I do around 20k a year and i would like to do less miles but i can't help myself plus i have a long commute.
I'm after something RWD in the next 6 months or so but if im ever in a situation where i have a few grand spare and a space in the garage then i'll buy another trophy and keep it long term.