Reaction score
This weekend will be the first chance I've had to give the Trophy a quick detail since buying it, I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a wax for the red of the T?

Also what are peoples opinions on colour charged waxes (Dodo juice) waste of time?

Thanks

Reaction score
just done my car with Dodo juice orange crush - stripped of the Autoglym HD wax it had on and the difference was obivous.
i just bought one of those sample pots for £5.99 - theres enough to do the car at least 3 times - not bad i think.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The different colours are just a bit of marketing bollox tbh. Orange crush is nice, Supernatural is nicer BOS will blow your mind (and your wallet) Alot seem to like Victoria concours on red.

Reaction score
I was looking at one of those panel pots of orange crush, can't really go wrong for £6.
Hoolio - what's BOS?

Reaction score
I use dodo juice bananarama, solid wax goes on really easy and shines up really easy as well, the pot I bought seems to be lasting forever too, it brings the red up real nice too! Bout £30 for a pot on eBay iirc!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was looking at one of those panel pots of orange crush, can't really go wrong for £6.
Hoolio - what's BOS?

Yeah the panel pots are a good idea and allow you to try a few without breaking the bank and having pots of un used stuff sitting around doing nothing, got a whole pot of AG hd wax and three quarters of orange crush not doing anything.
BOS is Swissvax Best of show, carnuba lovelyness.

Reaction score
Wow, that really does look good.
Forgot to add my budget is about £40 so unless I can buy a fifth of a tub, the BOS is way too flush!
How did you get on with the AG HD? I've heard some good stuff about it for the price
How much better is the supernatural than the orange crush?
Ill have a look at the Banana armour aswell thanks

Reaction score
Autoglym HD is a wonderful wonderful wax. Easy on, extremely easy off! Durability is good too, you should easily get three months out of it with beading still visible.

The thinner the coat the better it performs.

Its £45 in halfrauds - £25-£30 on amazon. You won't go wrong with it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
What's your budget?

Do you prefer looks or durability?

What has your detail involved? Bare in mind that 95% of the looks comes from good preparation. The LSP just gives it a little something.

Reaction score
What's your budget?

Do you prefer looks or durability?

What has your detail involved? Bare in mind that 95% of the looks comes from good preparation. The LSP just gives it a little something.

Budget is about £40

I want the the wax for looks mostly, it'll be going on top of AG EGP

Wash with Megs Gold Class 2BM
Rinse
Tar remover and Iron X
Wash again and rinse
Clay Bilt Hamber soft
AG Super resin polish
AG Extra gloss protection
Wax???

How does that sound? Any suggestions or tips would be great

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sounds good.

The new formulation of SRP is miles better than the old one. However AF Tripple is a good alternative.

EGP is fairly average though. I like Autofinesse Tough Coat as a mid layer.

For looks it's hard to beat Victoria wax Concours red. Very wet looking.

Bouncer's 22 wax via Dodo Juice is also a fantastic all rounder, very glossy and reflective.

AG HD is very good for the price but I don't find it overly special.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
You also can't go far with Zymol carbon, it's just a bit more special than HD.

SoS

Reaction score
I use the Dodo Juice hard wax (banana I think, it is a yellow wax) and it is pretty good on the Clio. It will last for ages if you get the larger pot. I bought mine from Rubbish Boys website along with the applicators etc, good service from them.

keo

Reaction score
What is the best way to remove old wax? I think I forgot to buff wax off my roof a while ago. Early mornings my roof is always wet/ dewy/ oily if that makes any sense. Its doing my head in

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Any of the following:
- A pre wax cleanser, EG Werkstat Prime
- IPA / Eraser / Panel wipe
- Re-polish
- Dilute APC, G101 for example.
- repeat decontam stage, ie tar remover etc.

Keo, if the wax isn't blindingly obvious its likely that you buffed it, and the wax gassed off afterwards. Its common with a lot of waxes, they just need to be re-buffed.
A second buff with a QD helps prevent this problem, however if you've left for a long time you may need to consider one of the above.

Last edited:

keo

Reaction score
Any of the following:- A pre wax cleanser, EG Werkstat Prime- IPA / Eraser / Panel wipe- Re-polish- Dilute APC, G101 for example. - repeat decontam stage, ie tar remover etc.Keo, if the wax isn't blindingly obvious its likely that you buffed it, and the wax gassed off afterwards. Its common with a lot of waxes, they just need to be re-buffed. A second buff with a QD helps prevent this problem, however if you've left for a long time you may need to consider one of the above.
Thanks aucky, I have tried tar remover, clay and washing up liquid. It hasnt shifted it.I will try apc/ panel wipe if that doesnt work I will need to order a pre wax cleaner. Unless you fancy comming over stoke and detailing it for me :) everytime I have seen your T its spotless